POLL: New color scheme or same wedding colors?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 lsjhik

• 157 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:12 PM

As I am planning my AHR (really early days of it) I was wondering how you all have done it/are doing it.

New colors or same ones? My wedding is at the Sun Valley Resort in Idaho (kind of like Aspen-type town) in December, and then my AHR will be back in Seattle in January.

My colors are dark purple and silver...

#2 Cindy*

• 2,655 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:15 PM

Same, that way you can reuse the things you buy for the wedding at the AHR.

#3 hockeymom97

• 2,458 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:51 PM

I vote for the same colors...at least that's what we are doing. I think the theme of everything kind of matching just ties in together nicely and like Cindy said, you can re-use stuff form the DW then as well.
        Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

#4 wendyjd

• 968 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:54 PM

Same colors. It makes the AHR seem like a continuation of the wedding and you can re-use your decorations.

#5 JENISE

• 652 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:32 PM

Personally, I'm doing different colors. Here's why...
            I'm getting married in DR so my colors are tropical (turquoise and fuschia)
            My AHR will be in my parents back yard in September and I just feel like the new colors I choose would look better in that setting (lime green, black, and white)
            I really think it all depends on the setting. Just my 2 cents. Good luck deciding.

#6 Tissey

• 172 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:57 PM

I'm going to do different colors too. Tropical colors (orange and fuchsia) in Mexico for the wedding and I don't know what yet for the AHR. It will be in my parents backyard so I don't think they have to be the same.

#7 loua4

• 397 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:51 PM

I would do the same. It is always good to be able to re-use what you have and save money. good luck!

#8 mdb

• 190 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:26 PM

There are pros' and cons of both.
                  Pro- you probably love these colors so why not reuse them. You can use the stuff over gain and save money.

Con's pictures will all be with the same colors, your colors aren't really tropical like.. very pretty, but not really summer like... what you could do is use a lighter purple along with a darker purple .. That could make it more summer like : ).. Then you could reuse some things.

#9 Michelle-2

• 310 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:41 PM

I am undecided on this also. We are getting married in Turks & Caicos and I had thought about bringing the caribbean theme to the AHR. I guess we need to figure out a place for the AHR before I can decide.

Beaches Turks & Caicos - October 21, 2011

#10 hoyt75

• 371 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:33 PM

Same. Re-use decorations and save $

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users