was your website ready when you sent out your std's?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Maegan606

• 115 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:13 PM

Hi guys--just had a random question. When sending out your std's, was your website up and running? Or did you wait until the invites were sent to do that? Just curious! Thanks!

#2 tvt

• VIP Member
    • 4,812 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:33 PM

our was. we put our website on everything we've sent out. STDs Invites, brochures, invites for girls/boys night in PV, etc.

#3 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:35 PM

yes, our was up and ready to go too.

i do have to admit that since the wedding i have been so busy that i havent gotten back on it to update things, like add thank-you's and pictures. i'm a bad host!

#4 kerryjbrown

• 672 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:36 PM

I made sure it was up with all the basic information and have added as we go along.

#5 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
        • 1,634 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:44 PM

mine is ready! woo hoo

#6 KLC77

• 2,207 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:45 PM

Ours wasn't ready when we sent our STD's out, although I would have preferred it to be. I got everyone's email addresses (with the help of family members) and then emailed them the link to the site as soon as it was done. This was much more of a PIA than if I could have just included the website on our STD. So, if you can, I'd have it done before they go out, but if you can't its not the end of the world either. Just a little more work.

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#7 Davematthews16

• Banned
            • 1,051 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:49 PM

We had our domain name bought but it wasn't completely up and running. I wouldn't worry too much about it, if it's not done. We just have a note on the homepage that says "keep checking back, new info always coming" (or something like that) :)

#8 *Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 9,532 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:53 PM

Yup, we had ours up and running and just sent out an email as our "save the date" telling everyone to check the website for travel booking info. For us it was crucial to get the info to everyone as soon as possible and doing it via email/website was the best way for us. We'll send out proper invites in the winter.

#9 KatyKo

• 851 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:55 PM

I just sent out my STDs yesterday (YAY!!) and my website is ready to go (minus the honeymoon registry part, which I am waiting to do until FI is back in town).

#10 Jen_S

• 3,737 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:01 PM

Yup ours was ready to go, however we have been adding things, especially FAQs from questions other guests have asked.
                    Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users