2048 replies to this topic

#1661 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:33 PM

@FutureMrsGarcia I'm so glad you found it on your contract and it will save you money! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they honour it. I don't see why they wouldn't, it's a contract they drafted!

And I agree with you about LatinAsia. I'm also going with them and they're so easy to communicate with, very prompt. They have great vision and try to work with your budget. I'm just finalizing my contact with them, so excited!
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#1662 zoeknight20

zoeknight20
  • 16 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 29, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace, Cancun
  • LocationPeterborough, UK

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:07 AM

@zoeknight20  I reviewed my wedding contract and it says that they charge $65/table per hour to extend private events. This actually works out to $8.12 per guest. This may seem like a minor difference but we are planning on 80 guests and extending our reception 4 hours so it will come out to save us hundreds of dollars. I emailed my WC with this info so hopefully the change will be honored. I would review your contract and see if it says the same!

To all the palace brides I have to give rave reviews about working with Latin Asia Cancun for my decor so far! I researched them independently online and on Pinterest and fell in love with their work and THEN found out they are a Palace preferred vendor. They provide all decor from flowers, furniture, lighting, centerpieces etc. The communication thus far has been flawless and the options they have put together for me look great!  :)

thank you for your kind reply, I will double check my contract however I dont recall any mention of extension prices - perhaps I have missed this (fingers crossed!) You are right though, all the little amounts soon add up.

I will also check out Latin Asia Cancun, how did you find out they are a preferred Palace vendor? Is there a list anywhere as I have just been going off the vendor catalogues they have sent me so far.

thanks for the advice - this is so helpful! x

@zoeknight20 and @FutureMrsGarcia double check your wedding contract to see what they quoted you to extend your reception. Mine says an additional $65USD for additional hour of staff. Hopefully it will say $60 there for you. I'm a moon palace bride but it should be the same for all palace brides right?

thank you for the tip although I just checked and cant see it anywhere on my contract. Do you mind advising where abouts on yours it states the price please. thank you x

#1663 LMichelleB

LMichelleB
  • 19 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:26 AM

@kather2008 (or anyone else who can answer this :) ) I will also be having my cocktail hour and reception on the Palenque terrace. Can you tell me what lighting and decor options you chose for your reception? We only have about 25 guests so I want to much sure we have the right amount of lighting and make good use of the space.

Thanks!

#1664 FutureMrsGarcia

FutureMrsGarcia
  • 31 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 12, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace Cancun
  • LocationChicago

Posted 06 January 2015 - 12:03 PM

thank you for your kind reply, I will double check my contract however I dont recall any mention of extension prices - perhaps I have missed this (fingers crossed!) You are right though, all the little amounts soon add up.

I will also check out Latin Asia Cancun, how did you find out they are a preferred Palace vendor? Is there a list anywhere as I have just been going off the vendor catalogues they have sent me so far.

thanks for the advice - this is so helpful! x

thank you for the tip although I just checked and cant see it anywhere on my contract. Do you mind advising where abouts on yours it states the price please. thank you x

@zoeknight20 I found mine under the section "Additional Costs" and "Private events". Hopefully it is in the same section on your contract!

So my WC from Palace ONLY told me about Zuniga for decor but I researched Latin Asia independently and then when I asked she told me they were a preferred vendor. It seems like they want people to work with Zuniga but there are other options

#1665 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 06 January 2015 - 01:13 PM

@zoeknight20 my contract has numbered headings. I found mine under #5 called Additional Costs. There's a sub-section there entitled Considerations and it's the second bullet.

@FutureMrsGarcia Palace actually has three approved decor vendors: Gama Grupo, Zuniga and LatinAsia
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#1666 ABfutureSulli

ABfutureSulli
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:39 PM

Hi everyone! I have a question about vendor fees. If I travel with a photographer and they book a room for the minimum 3 night requirement, will I still have to pay a vendor fee?

#1667 LauraM

LauraM
    • 232 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Beach Palace, Cancun Mexico

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:19 PM

@ABfutureSulli No you do not. The deal is either pay the vendor fee or book  a 3 night stay, so you'r all set (but you should probably get that in writing from your WC also).

@LMichelleB Have you visited BP before? the planque terrace is massive. I saw a gorgeous wedding from my balcony on my last visit. They made the space work by using white furniture (I've seen it in the gamantes catalog) to outline the corners of their "smaller" area within the terrace. They had the buffet table on one side, DJ booth/dance floor on another side, and the two other corners marked with seating areas. It's also very dark out there... I've seen some nice lighting displays (like Chinese lanterns hanging from a wooden pole, kind of like a tree or a chandelier) that would work well to mark your area, and keep your guests tighter for a more intimate feel. A light up dance floor would look amazing out there. Definitely wouldn't skimp on lighting. 

Edited by LauraM, 07 January 2015 - 12:20 PM.

#1668 LMichelleB

LMichelleB
    • 19 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 21, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
    • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:25 AM

Thanks @LauraM ! I have never been to BP so that's helpful. I know it gets dark by 5:30 there so the lighting will be very important for my reception. Luckily our DJ package does include some lighting already so I'm hoping I don't have to spend some crazy amount of money for extras. My budget is quickly being blown to pieces   :o

Edited by LMichelleB, 08 January 2015 - 10:26 AM.

#1669 zoeknight20

zoeknight20
    • 16 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 29, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Beach Palace, Cancun
    • LocationPeterborough, UK

Posted 18 January 2015 - 07:03 AM

To all beach palace brides of 2015, I need your help please,
    My partner and I would love a mariachi band for our cocktail hour. The prices I was originally sent showed a 6 piece mariachi for $803, I am now being quoted $1500!!! I went back with the original quote and was told that they are no longer using that vendor and the new one they use quotes $1500. If I choose the use an outside vendor then I have to pay an $800 vendor fee (was $400 but now updated for 2015!!) So if I manage to outsource for a price similar to their 2014 quote of $800, I will still end up paying $1600 with the vendor fee.
    This price seems crazy to me and I can't see a way around this! We really do want a mariachi but I hate that we will be paying almost double that initially advised :(
    Are any brides having similar issues or quotes?
    Your advice or feedback would be so very much appreciated! X

#1670 Kari26

Kari26
    • 3 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 8, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Now Jade
    • LocationMontrĂ©al, CANADA

Posted 18 January 2015 - 09:34 AM

Hello to all past ans futur Beach Palace brides,
    We're looking to have our wedding at BP in June 2016. We will be a very small group (about 15-20 persons) and we would like to know if there is a minimum persons required to have a private dinner and a private reception at the sky terrace near the pool ?

Does anyone knows the extra charge to have a private event at the sky terrace ? I've had a look to all of the weddings packages but as i understand they only include a dinner in an a la carte restaurant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users