Jump to content

Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!


  • Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#4751 starrysim

starrysim
  • Jr. Member
  • 349 posts

    Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:06 PM

    Hello lovely brides-to-be!  My wedding was about 3 months ago, but I'm still lurking a bit around here and trying to help out as much as possible.  So I'd be happy to answer any questions about the resort (We stayed at the Beach for the wedding and Grand for our honeymoon) and our vendors (Marcia Roberts, Rashel Edwards, Tai Flora).

     

    I'm also from Toronto, so let me comment on the prices, as I see there has been some discussion.  I followed prices for about a year before our wedding, and if you book about 6 months ahead, the Beach is usually about 1600-1800, Suites is 1800-2000, and Grand is just way too expensive :-p.  I would actually recommend booking 3-4 months before the wedding, and getting a group rate.  I know how stressful it is, and hard to wait that long, but IME they don't sell out that quickly, and you get the best rate. When we were looking at 6 months before, it was $1700 for the Beach even with group quote. We finally booked the Beach for about $1400 for a group of 20 about 4 months before. Less than a month later, it dropped dramatically to $1200, and our travel agent managed to get us an adjustment (we threatened to forfeit our $200 deposits and just re-book at the new lower rates).  Anyway, the point is, that last minute prices will go as low as $1100-1200 for Beach and $1300 for Suites.  I don't recommend waiting last minute, but waiting until 3-4 months before and shopping around for the best group rate then is the best way to go IMO. In fact, tell your guests NOT to wait until last minute - for us, it sold out about 3 weeks before, and some people who were waiting lost out, they were NOT happy.  Bottom line, book between 2-4 months ahead of time to get the best rate.  If you want more peace of mind, then book a year ahead. lol


    11.16.11 -Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay, Jamaica

    #4752 Kimberli1211

    Kimberli1211
    • Jr. Member
    • 237 posts

      Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:11 AM

      Hi ladies!! Sorry to have been MIA- I decided it was time to come back and finish up my wedding ends.... life has been so darn busy!!! My wedding was on 12-6-11, and was amazing!!!! I'll work on finishing my planning thread and getting my review done in the next couple of days. In the meantime, here is my slideshow with photographer Clayton from Sungold!

       

      http://www.wpajamaic...mberli-Coleman/

       

      Hope  planning is going well for everyone!!! :)



      #4753 vbbbtk

      vbbbtk
      • Jr. Member
      • 300 posts

        Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:21 AM

        Beautiful!


         

        Thank you so much for sharing!  You looked wonderful and it looks like you had an amazing time!

         

        Originally Posted by Kimberli1211 

        Hi ladies!! Sorry to have been MIA- I decided it was time to come back and finish up my wedding ends.... life has been so darn busy!!! My wedding was on 12-6-11, and was amazing!!!! I'll work on finishing my planning thread and getting my review done in the next couple of days. In the meantime, here is my slideshow with photographer Clayton from Sungold!

         

        http://www.wpajamaic...mberli-Coleman/

         

        Hope  planning is going well for everyone!!! :)



         



        #4754 Sjay

        Sjay
        • Jr. Member
        • 205 posts

          Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:56 PM

          Hi! Thanks for the offers of help, and thanks very much for sharing your experience with rates.

           

          I'm not really stressed about waiting (saying this with just less than 10 months to go) but we'll see how I'm feeling come June!

          I've already told our guests that we might not see rates we're happy with for several months, and most are appreciative as they want to get the best deal they can. Of course there are a handful who are anxious to book too.

           

          My date is right around the same time as yours so from a time of year perspective (shoulder season) I find this especially helpful. Fingers crossed I can hold off as long as possible!

          Thanks again!

           

          Originally Posted by starrysim 

          Hello lovely brides-to-be!  My wedding was about 3 months ago, but I'm still lurking a bit around here and trying to help out as much as possible.  So I'd be happy to answer any questions about the resort (We stayed at the Beach for the wedding and Grand for our honeymoon) and our vendors (Marcia Roberts, Rashel Edwards, Tai Flora).

           

          I'm also from Toronto, so let me comment on the prices, as I see there has been some discussion.  I followed prices for about a year before our wedding, and if you book about 6 months ahead, the Beach is usually about 1600-1800, Suites is 1800-2000, and Grand is just way too expensive :-p.  I would actually recommend booking 3-4 months before the wedding, and getting a group rate.  I know how stressful it is, and hard to wait that long, but IME they don't sell out that quickly, and you get the best rate. When we were looking at 6 months before, it was $1700 for the Beach even with group quote. We finally booked the Beach for about $1400 for a group of 20 about 4 months before. Less than a month later, it dropped dramatically to $1200, and our travel agent managed to get us an adjustment (we threatened to forfeit our $200 deposits and just re-book at the new lower rates).  Anyway, the point is, that last minute prices will go as low as $1100-1200 for Beach and $1300 for Suites.  I don't recommend waiting last minute, but waiting until 3-4 months before and shopping around for the best group rate then is the best way to go IMO. In fact, tell your guests NOT to wait until last minute - for us, it sold out about 3 weeks before, and some people who were waiting lost out, they were NOT happy.  Bottom line, book between 2-4 months ahead of time to get the best rate.  If you want more peace of mind, then book a year ahead. lol



           



          #4755 daizyduke

          daizyduke
          • Jr. Member
          • 230 posts

            Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:03 AM


            Thank you - the video trailer waas more than we could have expected, and worth the money for us.  We are excited to see the final product. 

             

            I am still waiting on my photographer to get me the pictures (she took over 5000 pictures so it is taking some time to go through them) so that I can get the post wedding review/planning thread finished.

            Originally Posted by Bcubed 

            Sorry, the statement below was meant for daizyduke. Still learning how to work this thing...
             



             



             



            #4756 JamaicaSukie

            JamaicaSukie
            • Newbie
            • 75 posts

              Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:05 AM


              Beautiful!!!  I've been following your posts and "borrowing" some ideas.  My wedding colors are turquoise, lime green and brown and I am totally ordered samples from efavormart and they were perfect!  I am also borrowing your money holder idea (I hope you don't mind).  Can't wait to read your review!
               

              Originally Posted by Kimberli1211 

              Hi ladies!! Sorry to have been MIA- I decided it was time to come back and finish up my wedding ends.... life has been so darn busy!!! My wedding was on 12-6-11, and was amazing!!!! I'll work on finishing my planning thread and getting my review done in the next couple of days. In the meantime, here is my slideshow with photographer Clayton from Sungold!

               

              http://www.wpajamaic...mberli-Coleman/

               

              Hope  planning is going well for everyone!!! :)



               


              Marrying the love of my life in Jamaica on 7/7/12 and have 11 people booked so far!!


              #4757 BrideMichyBoo

              BrideMichyBoo
              • Newbie
              • 45 posts

                Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:55 AM


                Yes I do remember you telling me that you guys waited until closer to the date.  I'm praying that the same price drop will happen for us as well or at least close to.  If it does i'll be so happy

                Hello lovely brides-to-be!  My wedding was about 3 months ago, but I'm still lurking a bit around here and trying to help out as much as possible.  So I'd be happy to answer any questions about the resort (We stayed at the Beach for the wedding and Grand for our honeymoon) and our vendors (Marcia Roberts, Rashel Edwards, Tai Flora).

                 

                I'm also from Toronto, so let me comment on the prices, as I see there has been some discussion.  I followed prices for about a year before our wedding, and if you book about 6 months ahead, the Beach is usually about 1600-1800, Suites is 1800-2000, and Grand is just way too expensive :-p.  I would actually recommend booking 3-4 months before the wedding, and getting a group rate.  I know how stressful it is, and hard to wait that long, but IME they don't sell out that quickly, and you get the best rate. When we were looking at 6 months before, it was $1700 for the Beach even with group quote. We finally booked the Beach for about $1400 for a group of 20 about 4 months before. Less than a month later, it dropped dramatically to $1200, and our travel agent managed to get us an adjustment (we threatened to forfeit our $200 deposits and just re-book at the new lower rates).  Anyway, the point is, that last minute prices will go as low as $1100-1200 for Beach and $1300 for Suites.  I don't recommend waiting last minute, but waiting until 3-4 months before and shopping around for the best group rate then is the best way to go IMO. In fact, tell your guests NOT to wait until last minute - for us, it sold out about 3 weeks before, and some people who were waiting lost out, they were NOT happy.  Bottom line, book between 2-4 months ahead of time to get the best rate.  If you want more peace of mind, then book a year ahead. lol



                 



                #4758 BrideMichyBoo

                BrideMichyBoo
                • Newbie
                • 45 posts

                  Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:57 AM


                  Your slideshow is amazing Kimberli!!! Clayton did a damn good job and you and your hubby look like superstars, ya'll are so photogenic.
                   

                  Originally Posted by Kimberli1211 

                  Hi ladies!! Sorry to have been MIA- I decided it was time to come back and finish up my wedding ends.... life has been so darn busy!!! My wedding was on 12-6-11, and was amazing!!!! I'll work on finishing my planning thread and getting my review done in the next couple of days. In the meantime, here is my slideshow with photographer Clayton from Sungold!

                   

                  http://www.wpajamaic...mberli-Coleman/

                   

                  Hope  planning is going well for everyone!!! :)



                   



                  #4759 BrideMichyBoo

                  BrideMichyBoo
                  • Newbie
                  • 45 posts

                    Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:58 AM

                    Thanks for sharing Kimberli.



                    #4760 beachbum21

                    beachbum21
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 438 posts

                      Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:27 AM



                      Hey ladies!

                      I would just caution about waiting too long because the resort fills up. I've read numerous posts here where guests were unable to book because the resort was full and there was still 3 months to go! It all depends on time of the year, etc... but with destination weddings gaining popularity and the Iberostar resorts among the most popular in MoBay, it might be worthwhile to at least secure group rates for your expected group with an operator that offers a price drop should their prices drop.  One of our groups had a price drop so everyone was able to book at the lower rate than originally expected.  Just a thought! I guess it also depends on group size... if you are expecting a larger group, it would be nice to "hold" those rooms.

                      Originally Posted by BrideMichyBoo 


                      Yes I do remember you telling me that you guys waited until closer to the date.  I'm praying that the same price drop will happen for us as well or at least close to.  If it does i'll be so happy

                       

                      Quote:



                       



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users