Jump to content
Angel & Sy

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

Recommended Posts

got our date confirmation from IRHB! feel relieved after all the searching, glad we came across this place :)  I have another question about the documents required, I noticed on the wedding agreement that the birth certificate has to have mother and fathers name listed on them, does that mean that we have to order the long form birth certificate or will they accept the ones that dont have parents names listed on them?

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Yes you do need to order the long birth certificates :) we did it online, didn't take long at all!

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by erin2100 View Post

got our date confirmation from IRHB! feel relieved after all the searching, glad we came across this place :)  I have another question about the documents required, I noticed on the wedding agreement that the birth certificate has to have mother and fathers name listed on them, does that mean that we have to order the long form birth certificate or will they accept the ones that dont have parents names listed on them?

Thanks!



 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wedding is April 13, 2013 at the Suites. I wanted to do a welcome dinner on the night before the wedding. I wanted to do the Japanese restaurant. Are guest from the Suites able to go to restaurants at the Grand? I also wanted to do a cocktail hour after dinner. I am wondering should I pay for a cocktail hour or should we just go sit at a bar. My group will be about 15 to 20 people. I really don't see the point in paying for drinks when its an all inclusive resort..let me know what you all think. THANKS!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Congrats!

If you want to go to the Grand and you're all guests of the Suites you would have to pay for passes.  You can probably arrange with your guests to just show up at the same place around the same time rather than paying for a cocktail hour if you didn't want to. I know how you feel girl about paying for drinks at an all-inclusive! lol!! 

We would like to have a welcome bonfire so we'd have a bonfire with an open bar and will pay extra for extra guests.  It's a few hundred dollars, and while it all adds up we think it will be a great way to get everyone together and get to know each other at the beginning of the week :) 

 

Originally Posted by malikmakhi View Post

My wedding is April 13, 2013 at the Suites. I wanted to do a welcome dinner on the night before the wedding. I wanted to do the Japanese restaurant. Are guest from the Suites able to go to restaurants at the Grand? I also wanted to do a cocktail hour after dinner. I am wondering should I pay for a cocktail hour or should we just go sit at a bar. My group will be about 15 to 20 people. I really don't see the point in paying for drinks when its an all inclusive resort..let me know what you all think. THANKS!!!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

have a question for y'all:

 

we're wanting to get married at iberostar rose hall beach (we're staying at the suites but it's booked for the day that we would like) but they say their steakhouse restaurant can only accommodate 120 guests and we're expecting btwn 100-150.  we're afraid if we're on the high end that many won't have seats for the dinner.  has anyone encountered this problem?

 

also, we would like to NOT book one of the 2 packages they've arranged on t heir site - we have our own minister, getting married legally in canada, own musicians, photographers/videographers, decorators etc.  is there any way that we can opt out of the plans and just get married or pay another fee to just book the space? anyone have any insight?

 

thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Sounds like you'll have to talk to the coordinators.

There are vendor fees you would be required to pay for having outside vendors on the property. I *think* they are about $100 per person but you would need to validate with the resort. That being said, if you're not booking a ceremony with them then I imagine you might be able to arrange a package with them so you can secure the space for the day and so they don't book another wedding but I can't seem them coming down much from their existing package price. Otherwise, I can't see it making much sense for them to give up the $ for the package.

Have you considered having the wedding off the resort?? It might be worthwile if you've got all your own vendors lined up already.

 

Originally Posted by infinite View Post

have a question for y'all:

 

we're wanting to get married at iberostar rose hall beach (we're staying at the suites but it's booked for the day that we would like) but they say their steakhouse restaurant can only accommodate 120 guests and we're expecting btwn 100-150.  we're afraid if we're on the high end that many won't have seats for the dinner.  has anyone encountered this problem?

 

also, we would like to NOT book one of the 2 packages they've arranged on t heir site - we have our own minister, getting married legally in canada, own musicians, photographers/videographers, decorators etc.  is there any way that we can opt out of the plans and just get married or pay another fee to just book the space? anyone have any insight?

 

thanks!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Oh wow! What a beautiful video.  You made a gorgeous bride.  My fiance is Jewish as well, and it was important to [ME] that he break the glass.  Glad to see it's possible on the beach! Love the fire dancer so I'm now convinced that we have to get one. :)
 

Originally Posted by daizyduke View Post

Hi everyone,

I am still waiting on some of my professional pictures before I do my review, but I did just receive my wedding trailer from Lovestruck films.  http://vimeo.com/35780298

I hope to have a full review soon. 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great video!  

 

I was curious where you shot the underwater parts at?  The water appears to be clear and calm.  Did you rent the boat for the day?

 

Thanks
 

Originally Posted by daizyduke View Post

Hi everyone,

I am still waiting on some of my professional pictures before I do my review, but I did just receive my wedding trailer from Lovestruck films.  http://vimeo.com/35780298

I hope to have a full review soon. 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone able to give me an estimate on how much is for flight and stay for a weeks vacation for their guest? We would be flying from Toronto to Jamaica. If someone could give me an idea of how much it cost, that would be awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

 

The bonfire is right on the beach.  it is next to the pool bar.  The pool bar is typically closed at night, but they open it for the bonfire.  The bar is included for I believe 15 guests, and then there is a cost per person for each additional guest. 
 

The nearest bar otherwise is in the lobby, and it would be inconvenient for the guests to go, and I imagine most wouldn't.  Although it may be possible to tip a staff member to bring some drinks, I don't know how many they would be willing to bring, and how often.  I would recommend that you rent the bar if only for one hour.   
 

Originally Posted by scraver25 View Post

Was the bonfire close enough to one of the hotel bars or do you recommend spending the extra money and having the bar right there?
 



 



 


The underwater shots were right off the beach at the hotel.  Even the beginning of the video is the water right next to the hotel.  It wasn't stock footage.  The videographers took it upon themselves to go snorkling with the camera for the footage.  As far as the boat, it's the free catamaran rental.  They really went above and beyond what we could have expected. 

 

To be honest, when we were in the water, we never thought the video would end up as clear as it did. 

Originally Posted by vbbbtk View Post

Great video!  

 

I was curious where you shot the underwater parts at?  The water appears to be clear and calm.  Did you rent the boat for the day?

 

Thanks
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • So thanks to coronavirus, my husband and I have had to make alterations to our wedding. I don’t think I have to put this in, but this isn’t a joke and need we thoughts on this.   We’re planning on having our full, entire wedding inside this bubble (I’m inside it for scale). This is to get complete isolation from the virus and to prevent it from spreading to either of us, or if we have the virus somehow, spreading it to others. Both of will get inside it for the whole day (or at least that’s the plan). We are ok with making small to moderate changes from a typical wedding if it means isolating inside a bubble, but any big changes would mean we probably won’t use the bubble then. Are there any parts in the wedding that would be difficult or downright impossible to do inside this bubble? What are your thoughts on this idea, and what would need to be changed from a traditional wedding?  
    • Amazon it is a paradise for shopping. I always buy from this platform, especially when I look for a present. I've already set up Amazon Pro, for advanced buyers, and for free shipping, lol. In fact, I bought a lot of different products here. I like to make beautiful gifts, and packaging means a lot to me. I usually chose all the parts of the gift and then packed them at home by myself. But recently, at the wedding of my friend, I did not have time at all and I decided to look for a service that can help me. As a result, I came across a good website where you can buy different gift baskets. jetgiftbaskets.com I bought her a Wedding Wishes gift basket, and she was very happy. This service has excellent service, as good as amazon has.
    • Peach looks nice for wedding!
    • Sadly no .. its been a year and a half since our wedding and till this day we cannot get a hold of him.  We had a few people reach out to us and the same thing happened to them about a month or 2 after us. 
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...