Jump to content
Angel & Sy

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

Recommended Posts

Sorry, the statement below was meant for daizyduke. Still learning how to work this thing...
 

Originally Posted by Bcubed View Post

Wow, your film is AMAZING.  And you look absolutely gorgeous!  Did you have the hotel do your hair/make-up??



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The wedding package actually states that 90% of the guests have to stay on the Iberostar property at ANY of the 3 hotels.  It specifically states that they can be at the Grand, Suites, or the Beach resort.  This was an issue for me because we have rooms blocked at the Suites AND the Grand, but most of our rooms are reserved for the Suites (my wedding is at the Grand).  So I've discussed this with the WC and the PR manager.

 

The 5 rooms requirement is only relevant if you have the free wedding package.  You need to have 5 rooms booked for 3+ nights OR have 1 ocean front room for 7+ nights.
 

Originally Posted by Cateyedcutie View Post

I just received an email from a TA stating we can't have our wedding at the Grand unless 50% of our guests stay at the Grand as well. The info I got from the grand wc states:

 

Our wedding package is from 2 up to 10 people.

There is an additional charge of US$20 per person
Only eligible to those that booked Grand-5 rooms for 3+ nights or Grand Oceanfront one room for 7+
nights
(Including tax and service charge)
 
Can anyone clarify? TIA


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the clarification, I thought I understood it correctly. TA had my blood pressure through the roof. We're having a free legal wedding, and are staying at the Grand. I assume the majority of my guests will stay at the suites. 
 

Originally Posted by Leah22 View Post

The wedding package actually states that 90% of the guests have to stay on the Iberostar property at ANY of the 3 hotels.  It specifically states that they can be at the Grand, Suites, or the Beach resort.  This was an issue for me because we have rooms blocked at the Suites AND the Grand, but most of our rooms are reserved for the Suites (my wedding is at the Grand).  So I've discussed this with the WC and the PR manager.

 

The 5 rooms requirement is only relevant if you have the free wedding package.  You need to have 5 rooms booked for 3+ nights OR have 1 ocean front room for 7+ nights.
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ladies,

 

I got married at the Grand 12-3-11. Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions.

 

Click on below link for my pro wedding day pics.

http://www.simplephoto.com/SC/index.cfm?fuseaction=FavView&CFID=7617&CFTOKEN=3ED84AB8-714A-4EBD-B07F27C831B3B78E&rand=F88694EB-BB74-414F-B7849EB2FD901FFF

 

Click on below link for my TTD pics at Dunns River Falls:

http://www.simplephoto.com/SC/index.cfm?fuseaction=FavView&CFID=7617&CFTOKEN=3ED84AB8-714A-4EBD-B07F27C831B3B78E&rand=F6B76772-5533-493C-AB2E9E11C50B5770

 

I'm also in the process of planning another wedding at the Grand on 4-28-11. I enjoyed planning my wedding so much I'm thinking of making a career out of it! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But you might actually be surprised where your numbers end up.  We thought we would struggle to find 5 couple to stay at the Grand (for the free package).  But so far everyone has booked at the Grand except for 2 couples (they can't stay at the Grand because they both have toddlers).  I have a few relatives who I thought wouldn't be able to come at all because of the expense and they also chose the Grand!  It's a little shocking.  But we're still waiting for several people to book, so I'm sure more will end up at the Suites.
 

Originally Posted by Cateyedcutie View Post

Thank you for the clarification, I thought I understood it correctly. TA had my blood pressure through the roof. We're having a free legal wedding, and are staying at the Grand. I assume the majority of my guests will stay at the suites. 
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we booked through Air Canada, last year. Sent out the STD's in February, this was our pricing...$1800 for garden view room, but if you paid in full by March, it was $250 off per person. (which works great since most of our family and friends were definately coming!) The suites was well over $2000 per person for a December trip, which is why we booked the beach resort. And trust me, it's beautiful. If people have bad things to say, they must be extremely picky! We did have some guests book in September, they paid around $1700 per person to go. And a last minute guest paid 1500.  All flying out of Pearson.

 

I have no idea what DJ we had, but I just kept asking him to play songs I wanted to hear, and he did. It was great. I guess no one says no to the girl in the wedding dress!

 

I left all of my decorations down there, I hope they go to good use!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am off tomorrow girls for my wedding Saturday!!! Holy has time flown by!! I just want to say thank you to everyone, past and present, for helping me make decisions, answer questions, and just be there through this stressful time! I am so excited and can't wait to tell you all about it!

 

If anyone has questions just PM me and I will try to answer you while I am there!!!  Paradise here I come!!!  smile159.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by DeAngelis2be View Post

 

Hi Ladies,

 

I got married at the Grand 12-3-11. Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions.

 

Click on below link for my pro wedding day pics.

http://www.simplephoto.com/SC/index.cfm?fuseaction=FavView&CFID=7617&CFTOKEN=3ED84AB8-714A-4EBD-B07F27C831B3B78E&rand=F88694EB-BB74-414F-B7849EB2FD901FFF

 

Click on below link for my TTD pics at Dunns River Falls:

http://www.simplephoto.com/SC/index.cfm?fuseaction=FavView&CFID=7617&CFTOKEN=3ED84AB8-714A-4EBD-B07F27C831B3B78E&rand=F6B76772-5533-493C-AB2E9E11C50B5770

 

I'm also in the process of planning another wedding at the Grand on 4-28-11. I enjoyed planning my wedding so much I'm thinking of making a career out of it! :)

 

I can't see your pics, keep getting the message "Your web browser session has timed out due to no activity."

 

 

 

Originally Posted by Leah22 View Post

 

But you might actually be surprised where your numbers end up.  We thought we would struggle to find 5 couple to stay at the Grand (for the free package).  But so far everyone has booked at the Grand except for 2 couples (they can't stay at the Grand because they both have toddlers).  I have a few relatives who I thought wouldn't be able to come at all because of the expense and they also chose the Grand!  It's a little shocking.  But we're still waiting for several people to book, so I'm sure more will end up at the Suites.

 

 

 

I'm hoping that's the case with our guests too.

 

 

 

Originally Posted by bmaxam12 View Post

 

I am off tomorrow girls for my wedding Saturday!!! Holy has time flown by!! I just want to say thank you to everyone, past and present, for helping me make decisions, answer questions, and just be there through this stressful time! I am so excited and can't wait to tell you all about it!

 

If anyone has questions just PM me and I will try to answer you while I am there!!!  Paradise here I come!!!  smile159.gif

 

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I hope you have a safe trip and the wedding of your dreams. Can't wait to see the pics and read you review. ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • DIY Face Mask for those whom were affected by the social distancing of the COVID-19 the following links have videos showing instruction on how to make masks for the Brides, Grooms, Bride's maids, and Best men: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2tCd6ODBas&feature=youtu.be   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dy0tfcixl4&feature=youtu.be   It's quite nice. Happy sewing... ref: creator: Rosie Panda Cutie https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSKAtt3QWCNs7WGFdvrI4w/videos  
    • Recent studies indicate that organizations, both large and small, either already have an HRO relationship and plan to expand it, or are considering one in the coming year. The survey, conducted by HfS Research and the London School of Economics, finds that 31% of business already outsource human resources san antonio and are looking to increase outsourced services over the next year. What is the driver for these businesses to outsource human resources? It is no secret that in lean economic times, business owners are pressed to identify expenses within an organization that can be reduced or minimized. Employment overhead (payroll, taxes, workers' compensation insurance, employee benefits, governmental compliance, and other employee-related cost centers) typically comprise the single highest area of expense within a company. More than rent, or facilities operations, or equipment, or compliance, human resources administration and expenses weigh heaviest on the business's bottom line. Streamlined HR Systems HRO firms offer streamlined human resource systems to their clients, significantly minimizing management's time in overseeing daily administrative tasks. Non-productive "paper pushing" can be outsourced to the HR firm, enabling key staff to focus on their core competencies. Processes such as payroll processing, tax filing and compliance, Unemployment Claims administration, workers' compensation management, and employee benefits enrollment and management can all easily and efficiently be outsourced. Cost effective insurance products. Reducing employment risks Government compliance and regulations continue to grow in complexity and scale. From wage and hour issues, to discrimination restrictions, to protected classes of employees and new disability guidelines, employers often walk through a minefield of risk. Without dedicated human resources personnel or legal counsel, it is likely a business will be faced with some form of an employment lawsuit in the coming years which can costs tens-of-thousands of dollars. With close to 100,000 employment claims filed in 2010 (the highest on record!), employers recognize the risk and are turning to Human Resource Outsourcing firms to assist them in managing these risks. Human Resources Outsourcing may not be the solution for every employment need. However, for most employers with less than 200 employees looking to reduce employment expenses and overhead, outsourcing human resources may be exactly what their organization needs. As the economy continues to improve and stabilize, the time will soon come that employers will be refocusing on growth and profitability. It may also entail rehiring staff, restructuring the organization, or simply concentrating on areas that have been left on the side. Certainly, proper employment administration and oversight will be priorities to get back on their feet. However, with the demands of rebuilding, many employers may be unable to spend the necessary time focusing on their staff. Read about one organization that found a different way - through Human Resources Outsourcing. Since joining the San Antonio Human Resources Outsourcing firm, he feels that the day-to-day protection he experiences in the area of employment exposures is immeasurable. Our HRO vendor has become our 'go-to resource.' Without this type of relationship we end up making our own decisions, without proper knowledge of the law, and will ultimately You think you can use common sense, but common sense and the law rarely match! The Director says the benefits of the outsourcing relationship were immediately realized, as the new systems and processes were implemented and functioning within 30-60 days.  
    • As of late 2019, the Gatekeepers Museum no longer hosts wedding events.
    • So thanks to coronavirus, my husband and I have had to make alterations to our wedding. I don’t think I have to put this in, but this isn’t a joke and need we thoughts on this.   We’re planning on having our full, entire wedding inside this bubble (I’m inside it for scale). This is to get complete isolation from the virus and to prevent it from spreading to either of us, or if we have the virus somehow, spreading it to others. Both of will get inside it for the whole day (or at least that’s the plan). We are ok with making small to moderate changes from a typical wedding if it means isolating inside a bubble, but any big changes would mean we probably won’t use the bubble then. Are there any parts in the wedding that would be difficult or downright impossible to do inside this bubble? What are your thoughts on this idea, and what would need to be changed from a traditional wedding?  
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...