Photo

veil or no veil-that is the question

• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

#141 Chantal85

Chantal85
  • 224 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 02:28 PM

I didn't plan anything other than a nice jeweled pin but I haven't the piece I've imagined.

I stumbled upon some pictures of birdcage veils and love the classic look. I'm hoping to get one made that will slant over just my eyes instead of a full face.

#142 cancunbride

cancunbride
    • 531 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 05:29 PM

I also wanted to do a veil but after I tried on my dress I decided to do a feather piece..I loved it.

#143 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
      • 1,572 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 12:16 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Jamminworld
        I am thinking of doing both. Flowers to the side of my hair and the veil pinned underneath.
        That's what I want to do too. I saw these Negril wedding pics online & was totally inspired.

Click the image to open in full size.

#144 meagan

meagan
        • 133 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:18 PM

I am wearing a veil, but I also want some sort of hairpiece for after the ceremony.

Does anyone know a place to get like a silver antique type of hair clip? I love how it looks, I just havent found anything I like yet.

#145 misskim_red@msn.com

misskim_red@msn.com
          • 144 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 09:33 AM

I'm doing something different in the way of veils...I purchases off-white silk (about 2 yards) and took the lace off of my grandmother's wedding dress (also the one that my mother wore) and it fit perfectly around the whole perimeter of the veil. My dress is champagne so I'm not worried about it clashing but it gives the dress that perfect bridal look. It's pretty long and lighweight but it makes the whole dress look very old Hollywood style.
            'Gra geal mo chroi'

#146 catandcleo

catandcleo
            • 173 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:25 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by misskim_red@msn.com
              I'm doing something different in the way of veils...I purchases off-white silk (about 2 yards) and took the lace off of my grandmother's wedding dress (also the one that my mother wore) and it fit perfectly around the whole perimeter of the veil. My dress is champagne so I'm not worried about it clashing but it gives the dress that perfect bridal look. It's pretty long and lighweight but it makes the whole dress look very old Hollywood style.
              that sounds beautiful!

#147 luckygirl

luckygirl
              • 339 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:55 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by ~*petals*~
                That's what I want to do too. I saw these Negril wedding pics online & was totally inspired.

Click the image to open in full size.
                Good pics! That's exactly what I want to. I want a flower and a veil. Originally I did not want a veil, but once I tried one I changed my mind. I'm wondering if I can do my hair down, flower and veil??

BTW...We are wedding date twins!

#148 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
                • 1,572 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 06:21 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by luckygirl
                  Good pics! That's exactly what I want to. I want a flower and a veil. Originally I did not want a veil, but once I tried one I changed my mind. I'm wondering if I can do my hair down, flower and veil??

BTW...We are wedding date twins!
                  Yay! Another May 24th bride!

#149 ilovepunch

ilovepunch
                  • 49 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 02:39 AM

~*petals*~, love that pic. That is the same look I'm going for. I want to do some type of bun (?) with the veil and a flower on the side.

#150 JoLo908

JoLo908
                    • 889 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:54 AM

I don't know what to wear! I feel like it will be okay if I go without a veil since it is a beach ceremony... But the veil is more "bride like".... I guess whichever looks better when all is said and done...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users