veil or no veil-that is the question

• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

#121 EricaG

• 1,915 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:15 AM

I haven't decided either. I wanted a veil but then decided I didn't because of the wind and I didn't want to cover the back of my dress. Now I am thinking that I will decide after I get my dress.
    My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#122 Kristie O

Kristie O
    • Banned
    • 369 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 04:02 AM

hi, vails are great for more drama in your photos...if your photog gets crazy like that:) especially fun if its windy! for pics anyway.

#123 CJEB

• 182 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 07:45 AM

I'm having a veil. The length will depend on the dress I get.

I love the long cathedral veils but I dont want to overpower my dress.

I don't know what dress I am getting yet, so once the dress is decided then I will look at veils

I'm going to have small roses weaved into my hair

#124 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
        • 2,183 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:29 AM

I wasn't planning on wearing one, then my friend suggested I wear hers and it was perfect. I took it off for the reception and just had flowers on my hair.

#125 jennyFTB

• 138 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 10:29 AM

After looking at some of the pictures on here with veil and flowers...I think I have made my decision to do both....it looks so beautiful

#126 Copita

• 979 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 11:13 AM

I'm going to wear a veil. I had ordered a headband to go with it but when it came in the mail it totally did not match. I was disappointed but decided I'd rather my veil over the headband any day. Also, I planned on initially wearing the veil up under a bun in my head, and have decided since to wear my hair half-up, with the veil higher on my head.
              sigh. the things we change!

#127 Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,047 posts
              • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
              • LocationToronto

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:30 PM

I tried on a cathedral length mantilla with my dress and totally fell in love! Our ceremony will be in the Catholic Church in San Jose del Cabo, so I think its pretty appropriate to the setting. I haven't bought a veil yet. I'm waiting for my dress to come in first. I ordered the dress back in December'07 but it was going to take about 6-7 months to be made in the material I choose, so technically, I haven't even seen my actual final product...ugh I'm getting nervous now. I think veils are fun though, and when else will you get to wear one!?

#128 jajajaja

• VIP Member
              • 9,794 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:44 PM

I went with a veil and flower combo. Here's some pics for the ladies that need visuals. :)

Click the image to open in full size.

I totally loved the combo. I'm so glad I decided on a veil in the end. At first, I planned on just a flower.
                Happily married since 2008

#129 melglnh2o

• 1,016 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:56 PM

I wore a veil for the church ceremony and then I was going to take it off and wear flowers for the sand ceremony. However, my florist showed up late and didn't bring half the flowers that he was supposed to including my hair flower (which were going to be orchids). But I really loved how my veil fluttered through the wind. I still would have loved to wear flowers for the reception though. I will be sure to do that for my AHR.

#130 Davematthews16

• Banned
                  • 1,051 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:01 PM

That's a good question! I am still deciding too on what to wear......Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........I am have curly hair in the humidity so I'm thinking a flower only might work the best, BUT if we can manage a vail somehow I think it would be gorgous....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users