Photo

Moon Palace 2012 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#421 beatyea

beatyea
  • 288 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:49 PM

Thats awesome!  But you are embarassed by the rates?  What are your's if you don't mind me asking?

Originally Posted by JLCarrera 

Great News Ladies - Just in case you don't already know...Moon Palace did indeed extend their $1,500 resort credit through December 23, 2012 for those bookings made by October 11, 2011. Yeah! I can breathe a little easier now and not feel so embarrassed that the rooms rate is so expensive for my guests. Sure do wish I could win the lottery and pay for everyone's room. Hope you are all doing well with your planning.

#422 Sdamian1

Sdamian1
    • 132 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 12:24 PM

I'm wondering the same thing..I hope they aren't too crazy!

#423 cher

cher
      • 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 03:49 PM

I tried to contact MP Miami office because I got a contract from them. They are not picking up the phone calls or replying to my emails. In the contract they did not mention any resort credits. Also when do you all have a WC assigned?

#424 cher

cher
        • 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 03:51 PM

Just wondering... how come the rates I got from the WC in Miami seems to be a bit high For Feb 2012? they give me a quote of $250 per person per night?!

#425 beatyea

beatyea
          • 288 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:10 PM

Feb. is considered busy season

Originally Posted by cher 

Just wondering... how come the rates I got from the WC in Miami seems to be a bit high For Feb 2012? they give me a quote of $250 per person per night?!

#426 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
            • 2,136 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:59 PM

cher,

Don't get upset, the resort credit isn't mentioned in anyone's contract, well let me step back and say that it isn't mentioned in mine either.  The resort credit is entitled to everyone that stays there regardless if its a wedding.  However; if you are speaking of the perks that you get based on how many room nights you book, that too will be separate (if you are using a TA), I'm not to sure how it will work for those that will not use a TA. Your Miami coordinator is the one listed in your contract.  Your MP coordinator will not be assigned until 3 months before your wedding date.

Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by cher 

I tried to contact MP Miami office because I got a contract from them. They are not picking up the phone calls or replying to my emails. In the contract they did not mention any resort credits. Also when do you all have a WC assigned?

#427 JLCarrera

JLCarrera
              • Site Supporter
              • 52 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by beatyea 

Thats awesome!  But you are embarassed by the rates?  What are your's if you don't mind me asking?

I say "embarassed" because many of our friends and family have hit difficult times with today's economy. With as much as the FI and I desire a DW, we do understand and recognize that to ask someone to pay for a flight and a hotel stay to a location of our choosing is asking alot. Although my family is used to traveling, most of my FI family is not. They will all have to purchase a passport, which is currently $160.00 in addition to the other travel arrangements. For some a hotel room that is $400+ per night may not seem outrageous, but for those that have not traveled much,I know and am bracing myself to hear about the "sticker shock". I personally feel that it's a great deal considering that all food & drink are included, as well as the extended resort credit...I'm just concerned that others might not see it the same way. Following are the group proposal rates I was given by my MP WC for traveldates of 01/04/12 - 04/14/12 for bookings of 5 rooms or more. (I'm still not certain if the Destination Wedding TA will be honoring the same rates. I will need to call her tomorrow.)

Moon Palace

Room Category: Deluxe- Resort View**

Single $406 (1 adult) per person/ per night

Double $223 (2 adults) per person/ per night

Triple $215 (3 adults) per person/ per night

Quad $205 (4 adults) per person/ per night

Children $55 per child, per night when sharing room with parents ages 4-17.

**Deluxe room category is based upon availability. You must notify and confirm with your Wedding Sales Executive the number of rooms available in the category. **

Room Category: Superior Deluxe Suite

Single $456 (1 adult) per person/ per night

Double $248 (2 adults) per person/ per night

Triple $239 (3 adults) per person/ per night

Quad $228 (4 adults) per person/ per night

Children $55 per child, per night when sharing room with parents ages 4-17.

Maximum 4 people per room including children

#428 merrylee

merrylee
                • 687 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:50 AM

My travel agent has the wedding perks and the resort credit listed in my contract with MP.  But yes the resort credits are offered to all guests through 12/23/12.  It's a great program, and a huge reason we picked the Palace Resorts.

How is everyone's planning going?  I am working on my year to go post cards so I can get them sent out next week :)  Can't believe it.

#429 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                  • 1,917 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:12 AM

Ladies, we are leaving in a week for our Moon Palace wedding and I wanted to give you all a hint. If you plan on using vacation dollars to pay for something specifically for the wedding, have your WC confirm that in writing. Up until a few weeks ago you could use vacation dollars to pay for your wedding photography or video, that changed unexpectedly and I know that there was a few upset brides.

I think I will be spending the next week printing emails from my numerous Miami contacts. Thank goodness the ladies coordinating in Cancun have been amazing!

#430 shan0487

shan0487
                    • 1,393 posts
                    • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
                    • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
                    • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:17 AM

yaay! congrats! have fun! Can't wait to hear all about your wedding and see all your photos!

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 

Ladies, we are leaving in a week for our Moon Palace wedding and I wanted to give you all a hint. If you plan on using vacation dollars to pay for something specifically for the wedding, have your WC confirm that in writing. Up until a few weeks ago you could use vacation dollars to pay for your wedding photography or video, that changed unexpectedly and I know that there was a few upset brides.

I think I will be spending the next week printing emails from my numerous Miami contacts. Thank goodness the ladies coordinating in Cancun have been amazing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users