not even that excited... and its only 3wks away

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 bsf&jpg

• 222 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 12:18 PM

so, our wedding is less than 30 days away... and Im not excited

I think its mainly because hardley anyone is coming
    just my mom, sister, niece- his parents, one half sister, aunt, cousin, and like three of our friends.
    less than 20 ppl. His own full blooded sister and BIL arent going!!!!!
    And now, to save $ we are going to get legally married at the JP the day before we leave, which kind of sucks because I feel like it defeats the purpose.

I dont like my dress. I bought it because I thought it was cheap, but I couldve just bought a better design knock off online, or ordered from Nordstroms, and that wouldve been cheaper. But I dont have enough in the budget to change it now.

I guess what we are looking forward to is just GETTING AWAY!!!! Just the two of us.

Okay, I had to let that out. Ive been holding it in not telling anyone.

#2 TLC4Rock

• 473 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 01:10 PM

Cheer up!! This is the most important day of your life. The only two important people are you in and you hubby to be!

I understand how important your dress is to you. Try consignment stores to see if there are dresses that fit your budget that you can purchase.

As long as you keep in mind nothing will ruin your day...you will have so many memories to look back on! Maybe for you 5th anniversary, you can save up renew your vows in your hometown. You may have money to buy the dress you really want. Please cheer up I really want you to have a wonderful time!

#3 bsf&jpg

• 222 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 01:20 PM

Thx Tiesha... you are right. I am focusing that it is just for me & him.
        5yr or 10yr annv sounds good. maybe by then we will have grown our own family to be a part of it.

#4 Sapphire723

• 888 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 01:24 PM

You could try selling the dress you have and buying another one you like better.

#5 luciel2820

• 474 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 01:25 PM

Aww don't feel like that, Ive felt that way many times but Ive learned that this is about FI and I and who ever really loves us will be there for us.

Its your day, better yet your week in paradise, and those who aren't there to ruin it for you will only make your stay better.

And about the dress I think we all feel that way about something in the wedding, something we're just not sure of but don't let it get you down and Im sure your pictures will look amazing either way.

Enjoy your wedding and honeymoon, and when you come back you'll be the one who will have all the fun stories to share and everyone else will be upset they didnt make it.

#6 Mischaka

• 969 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 02:06 PM

Exactly like Tiesha said...the only important people are you and him. You will be getting married in a beautiful resort!! his parents and your mom will be there...don't worry about it!!! It's gonna be beautiful. You'll have fabulous pictures to show everybody who missed it.

#7 MaggieandJay

• 1,029 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 02:08 PM

Hang in there girl! It's going to be so much fun even though it seems blah right now!! You and your FI are going to have the most wonderful Day and Vacation!!!!
                Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

#8 mdb

• 190 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 02:23 PM

Don't be so upset. You can always have a little cook out when you get home, just to share your photos and amazing wedding with friends and other family members. I too am on a budget : ) my shoes were $11. : ) and I only have 9 people coming, including us. Plus two photographers! Just think of how much money you will be saving. DOn't get another dress just continue to remind yourself that it is your day and you will be beautiful! : )

#9 roo66

• 1,001 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 03:12 PM

The girls are right dont stress about those that arnt there.Im sure your dress will look fab post us a picture we will give you some tips on how to make it magical if its not already.
                    Its true every bride looks beautiful on there wedding day you will be no exception.
                    I hope you feel happier tommorow xxxx

#10 bsf&jpg

• 222 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 03:40 PM

awwwwwwww, thanks everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      I dont feel so blah now believe it or not.
                      I do feel better. a week in paradise with my Chalamalla! (his pet-name from me)
                      and the dress is pretty... its just not "the one". i didnt get all teary eyed.
                      BUT! I am very blessed to have been able to get it.
                      My bff had to cancel her gown order.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users