Photo

help! what are the normal itenary when doing a destination wedding?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 Sheree10

Sheree10
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 12:56 PM

One of the things I love about a DW is you can do what ever you choose! We didn't have a rehearsal dinner but instead chose to have a welcome mixer at a restaurant/lounge the night before the wedding. If we were at an all inclusive resort I might have had a rehearsal dinner for bridal party only and the mixer for all guests. 

Originally Posted by jszy10 

I wasn't going to do a Rehearsal Dinner because there is no real rehearsal...is this the norm??

http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#32 Bride Loving CJ

Bride Loving CJ
    • 278 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:05 PM

Thanks so much for sharing this. I am only having 8 people and had no idea on what to plan. I feel like if I dont plan anything, people will be bored but if I plan too much, it will be silly because it's mostly my immediate family; parents, siblings and one aunt and uncle.

Please help me with this gals!!

Originally Posted by mrs*j*2011 

How many guests are you having? That might help you decide what to do and what to eliminate.

We are only having 8 guests so we don't need to have a formal welcome dinner. Also, we're all arriving on New Years Eve so we kind of have an "event" already planned for us at the resort! We also decided to forgo the rehearsal dinner, as everyone who would normally take part is essentially all of our guests. I felt like it would be kind of of redundant to essentially have the wedding the day before.

We're not planning any formal activities and just letting everyone fly by the seat of their pants. If we had more time before the actual wedding, I would have liked to arrange a private dinner cruise or something like that.

#33 a&p_lenz

a&p_lenz
      • 9 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:42 AM

I wanted to do a welcome dinner but we would have had to pay for over 15 people, which I did not want to do since it was all inclusive.  What I ended up doing was having a dinner for just the bridal party and parents then we all met at the bar afterward for "welcome drinks".

I kept the rest of the time pretty open since I knew this was a lot of people's vacations for the year.  I wanted them to be able to do what they wanted (other than attend the wedding).

#34 Kendall

Kendall
        • 234 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:00 PM

I agree with the ladies who say you can do whatever you want.  That's the beauty of a destination wedding!

We aren't planning on doing a "welcome" dinner or reception, however, we are going to have a semi-casual rehearsal dinner (hopefully outside on a deck or by a pool somewhere at the resort) and then we are having a private reception after the wedding.

We are considering doing a catamaran cruise for our guests, but haven't decided for sure.  Most of our guests are taking this as a family vacation as well as our wedding, so we didn't want to plan so much that they couldn't do the things they want to do.

#35 Teira1031

Teira1031
          • 766 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 10:19 PM

I want to plan some stuff but what if my guests dont all come the same days? do most people go the same days or does everybody kind of arrive and depart whenever? I dont want to plan stuff if people arent going to be there but dont want to not plan anything either?

#36 Valentine_Baby

Valentine_Baby
            • 452 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:17 AM

I think I might just have a bridal party dinner the night before the wedding and let everyone else do as they please. 

I was freaking for awhile on planning the whole week but than I realized this is their vacation and my wedding/honeymoon.  It's a destination wedding and that means anything goes!

I still have a lot of time but am beginning to realize that this should really be less stressful than if you were having an at home wedding.

Thanks for the tips everyone!

#37 niajs

niajs
              • 214 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:32 AM

I am from the UK and we don't have rehearsal dinners over here. Our wedding is on a Saturday and this is what we are thinking of so far:

Wednesday - Hen and Stag parties/days

Thursday - BMs and mothers to have some spa treatments

Friday - we're planning on hiring out a bar and having informal drinks and perhaps a pub quiz (FI and I met at a pub quiz)

Saturday - wedding

Sunday - informal brunch

All of these events will be optional and I will also be putting some leaflets from the local tourist office in the OOT bags.

#38 Tessab123

Tessab123
                • 46 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:24 PM

My group arrives on the monday, so monday night we are going to have a welcome dinner and hand out the oot bags and simply start the week off with a bang! tuesday we are doing our rehearsal dinner with the wedding party and wednesday is the wedding! wahoooo

22 and counting + bride and groom! ROR JAMAICA MAY 25, 2011

#39 LisaMatterni

LisaMatterni
                  • 718 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 04:25 AM

i never encountered about this wedding destination plan but it's a good to have it prepared beforehand.

#40 TLGnhci

TLGnhci
                    • 899 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:16 AM

Hey there, what is a pub quiz?  Never heard of such a thing!  :o)

Originally Posted by niajs 

I am from the UK and we don't have rehearsal dinners over here. Our wedding is on a Saturday and this is what we are thinking of so far:

Wednesday - Hen and Stag parties/days

Thursday - BMs and mothers to have some spa treatments

Friday - we're planning on hiring out a bar and having informal drinks and perhaps a pub quiz (FI and I met at a pub quiz)

Saturday - wedding

Sunday - informal brunch

All of these events will be optional and I will also be putting some leaflets from the local tourist office in the OOT bags.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users