I recently changed from dw.com because my TA took 5 months to get me a quote. The initial quote was a great price but the travel agency that my dw specialist was working with wouldn't give us the price anymore after a week for some reason. It took them about 3 months to finally come to a decision. the decision consisted of my guests having to have the $200 downpayment or the price would increase by another 200 dollars. I eventually got fed up with all the running around and decided to go with someone locally. It was such a headache with them.
Originally Posted by Brideof2011
I wish I would of read all this before buying my save the dates with the DW website printed on them.....Our TA from DW never mentioned anything about a deposit. Now we are expected to give 5k within 30 days, and our wedding is over a year from now. We received quotes from the resort we are using, and sent that to the TA. She is still trying to charge us over $60/day for our group quote. This is due to charges of insurance etc. If I send these STD's out the first thing people are going to do is look at the resort and see what the normal price is, and they will see the TA overcharging us and won't book through her. Personally I wouldn't blame them. We are waiting for update hopefully better pricing. I will admit at first our TA was very responsive and gave great info on many different options, but that doesn't mean my guests should spend $200 more for booking through them....Just frustrated and wanted to know if anyone else has had similar situations?