Sign in to follow this  
futurerana

Best foundation etc for photos

i had no idea about what to use before either. i rarely wear makeup...but i took the plunge and had a makeup trial with mac. it was great, she taught me how to apply properly and said i could come back in as well if i have troubles.

i just wish someone would of warned me how much money i was going to spend! haha.

i'm still waiting for FI to see the mastercard bill...haha!

The SPF thing is true. it has reflective properties that will cause you to look more white in photos. Kind of sweaty like actually. Same with mineral makeup.

I have the MAC store right by my house but I've never actually stopped by. I've been meaning to go there and let them show me what I need for the wedding. I use only eye liner & mascara most of the days and very rarely foundation. My skin is usually pretty dry so foundation doesn't look good much of the time. Or maybe I'm just using the wrong type.

How do I tell if something looks good in a store that it will look good on the beach in bright sunlight in photoshuh.gifhuh.gif

I love DiorSkin Nude, it gives a lighter coverage (i'm not sure what kind of coverage you're looking for) but you can build it up. It absorbs nicely.

Adding the DiorSkin powder set it well too.

whatever foundation you use, don't use a sponge, it'll eat up your product and doesn't blend as nice. I'm loving Sephora's Professional "Airbrush brush" (#55) - $44 CDN gives an airbrushed look and is supersoft.

Anyone try or thinking trying the Tempu Airbursh system? (But large price tag)

AIRbrush Makeup System by TEMPTU

Best thing is to go to a store and try a bunch - Sephora is great with providing samples. Also, check their return policy just in case!