Photo

Is Your Wedding Trip Also Your Honeymoon?

• Please log in to reply
248 replies to this topic

#121 carolina24

carolina24
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:55 PM

we're getting married at Dreams Cancun and going Secrets Maroma Beach for the honeymoon

#122 Bunny121009

Bunny121009
    • 83 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 07:01 PM

We will be having a weddingmoon/ staying at the same resort. We are staying longer than our guests. Getting there 12/7/ and the Wedding is 12/10 and we will be staying until 12/14 possibly longer. All of our guests will not be staying the whole time, with the exception of 3 who will be staying the whole time but out of those three 2 are at a different resort.

I don't think it will be much of a honeymoon though and we will have to make up for it later but I'm glad that the guests are leaving after the wedding and will only be staying the 4 nights, arriving on the 9th and leaving on the 12th. I'm concerned about a couple of guests though b/c they can be a little on the intrusive/invasive side. I wish and hope we will have a little more time to ourselves though. An extra week would be the best but don't know it would take a miracle.

#123 trobin01

trobin01
      • 203 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 07:42 PM

We're planning on taking a honeymoon several months after our wedding in Mexico. All of our guests will be there for the full week, so it won't be much of a honeymoon! We'll make it up by heading to somewhere like Bora Bora in the middle of the Canadian winter.

#124 jawhite77

jawhite77
        • 33 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 05:27 AM

We are planning on getting married in Riviera Maya (Puerto Morelos, MX) and then maybe traveling to Cozumel for 1 week or down south to Tulum for 1 week. I haven't seen that many posts about Cozumel, does anyone have any experience there? We haven't been to the Carribean side of Mexico ever, so if anyone has any advice, I would love to hear it. Thanks :)

#125 Fivecents

Fivecents
          • Site Supporter
          • 72 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 09:03 AM

Hi, yeah we're thinking of spending an extra week probably in the same area and most likely at an adults only resort. I have a few friends that have done this and they all said it was worth it.

#126 carolina24

carolina24
            • 1,573 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 02:26 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by jawhite77
              We are planning on getting married in Riviera Maya (Puerto Morelos, MX) and then maybe traveling to Cozumel for 1 week or down south to Tulum for 1 week. I haven't seen that many posts about Cozumel, does anyone have any experience there? We haven't been to the Carribean side of Mexico ever, so if anyone has any advice, I would love to hear it. Thanks :)
              omg Tulum is gorgeous!!! We're doing our HM at Secrets Maroma Beach and spending a day in Tulum (I'm surprising the FI b/c he loves ruins). The water is amazing and there is a cute town with shops. My parents went on a cruise and stopped in Cozumel. They said it was nice, but the beaches in Tulum are better. Good luck!!

#127 diamondpooch

diamondpooch
              • 546 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 02:46 PM

Our plan is to stay at the same hotel for the second week (after all the guests are gone), but now I'm starting to have second thoughts. I'm thinking to myself that maybe by week two I will be sick of the a la cartes and the grounds and would like a change of scenery. Does anyone have a recommendation for an adults only resort in Riviera Maya? Our wedding is Barcelo. Thanks!

#128 vdaybride

vdaybride
                • 1,412 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 04:30 PM

We will be at Dreams Cabo for 6 days in February for the wedding, then we will travel to Paris in March for our honeymoon.
                  Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#129 carolina24

carolina24
                  • 1,573 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 01:06 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by diamondpooch
                    Our plan is to stay at the same hotel for the second week (after all the guests are gone), but now I'm starting to have second thoughts. I'm thinking to myself that maybe by week two I will be sick of the a la cartes and the grounds and would like a change of scenery. Does anyone have a recommendation for an adults only resort in Riviera Maya? Our wedding is Barcelo. Thanks!
                    we were originally doing the same thing (staying at the same resort in Cancun) but we decided on Secrets Maroma Beach for the honeymoon instead. The beach is beautiful and the service is amazing according to the reviews.

#130 svetayasofiya

svetayasofiya
                    • 590 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 06:05 PM

We are having our honeymoon at the same place. Just couldn't afford to switch and I was a littled worried that if we switched we wouldn't like the second place as much. lol *It happened to my parents last February. Plus by booking as a group and staying the two weeks there we saved a TON of money.
                      Anyway... a good chunk of my family (12 ppl) are staying for two weeks and my FI's mom and sister are too. At first I wasn't happy because it's our honeymoon, but now I am kind of looking forward to it, because I live very far away from my family and see them only once a year at best and some of them once every couple years. We are all very close so I think it will be a lot of fun. Plus its a family vacay for them as well and won't want to spend all their time with us. We are a pretty respectful family. Of all the people who are staying behind, none of them are the types to interfere. Plus that 2nd week, I am sure my FI and I will be off doing excursions and stuff.

Plus we have been together for 5 1/2 years... and have lived together for the last 3... I don't think we need 2 full weeks alone, LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users