Photo

Staying together the night before wedding?

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#41 Dilara

Dilara
  • 233 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:04 PM

We plan on spending the night together and parting ways before breakfast. I'll have breakfast with the girls, go to the spa, and start getting ready. He will spend the day with his guys and then get ready. We decided to meet shortly before the ceremony to have a 'first look'photo shoot and private moment for just the two of us.

We've been living together for the past 2 years and neither of us sleeps well when the other is out of town for whatever reason. I don't want either of us to be tired on the day of the wedding because we didn't sleep well from being apart.

#42 CamLovesJA

CamLovesJA
    • 301 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:49 PM

I really like the idea of the 'first look photo shoot' think I will do that.

Originally Posted by Dilara 

We plan on spending the night together and parting ways before breakfast. I'll have breakfast with the girls, go to the spa, and start getting ready. He will spend the day with his guys and then get ready. We decided to meet shortly before the ceremony to have a 'first look'photo shoot and private moment for just the two of us.

We've been living together for the past 2 years and neither of us sleeps well when the other is out of town for whatever reason. I don't want either of us to be tired on the day of the wedding because we didn't sleep well from being apart.

#43 Lizzdee

Lizzdee
      • 396 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:21 AM

This sounds great!!! I think i am going to do this! Thanks!

Originally Posted by Dilara 

#44 Dilara

Dilara
        • 233 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:53 AM

Glad I could help ladies 

#45 skp1

skp1
          • 405 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 06:31 AM

We're spending the night together - it seems silly not to at this point in our relationship.  But we will part during the afternoon so that his first look will be when I walk down the aisle.  I assume I'll be with my sister (MOH) to get ready but I do like that suggestion of a couples massage in the morning - I didn't know where to fit the spa in, but that seems perfect!

Steph & John........Atlantis.......June 18, 2011......happily married

#46 RobbyC

RobbyC
            • Site Supporter
            • 30 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:18 PM

We are spending the night together as well.  We are getting married at 10am so it will only be a couple hours before we see each other again!  

I think it's all up to the couple!

#47 ChicagoBride2011

ChicagoBride2011
              • 277 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 01:11 PM

We're going to stay in the same room.  We might get massages or something that morning and our ceremony isn't until 6pm.  If it was a morning or early afternoon ceremony then maybe but it would be too hard to try and not run into each other all day.

Had the most AMAZING wedding at The Royal PDC on May 1, 2011

#48 JetsettinBride

JetsettinBride
                • 299 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 01:47 PM

We have lived together for a few years, so I definitely would like to be apart the night before the wedding. I want the full experience and excitement!

#49 Sallee

Sallee
                  • 255 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 01:59 PM

I think we will sleep together the night before then go our seperate ways after breakfast

We get married at 3pm so theres plenty of time to relax and get ready seperately

#50 richarsd

richarsd
                    • 331 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:49 AM

This is a pretty personal decision and depends on the bride/groom (as can be seen from the different responses to this post). My FI haven't totally decided. He does not see the point of sleeping seperately the night before (we live together, our families aren't overly uptight about tradition, etc.). However, I would kind of like the whole "experience" of waking up the next morning alone in anticipation and not seeing him until the afternoon ceremony (of course, there's always a possibility of bumping into each at the resort...not like it's huge). I guess it will come down to availability of another room/bed for him to sleep in!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users