Photo

Is this kind of favor weird?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 lolkitteh

lolkitteh
  • 167 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:12 AM

For a Vegas wedding, we kind of wanted to do favors with a Vegas theme. We got those little favor boxes and labels in our colors (Label says "Lucky in Love"). We will also have bottles of wine wrapped in bottle bags for the center of the table for each guest in lieu of an actual centerpiece. (Kind of like a "breakaway centerpiece" concept but not really - it's really just using the wine bottle favors as the centerpiece)

Now, for the little boxes, instead of filling them with the standard jordan almonds or some such, we will put in a couple things more related to Vegas.

1) Some dice
    2) Advil
    3) A couple of personalized Hershey nuggets(because people still want chocolate, regardless!)

Is this a weird combo of stuff to stick in a favor box? Do you think guests will think it's weird to get Advil in their favor box along with the dice and chocs? Or will they get the joke?

#2 purrfected

purrfected
    • 396 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:14 AM

I think it sounds cute and fun. If your guests have a sense of humor they will appreciate it.

#3 fudgie

fudgie
      • 353 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:39 AM

I think it is a cute idea - it makes sense to me for Vegas.
        Photo by: Cineart Photographywww.cineartphotography.comOur Professional Slideshow

#4 frazali

frazali
        • 245 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:34 AM

I think it's great - the only question I have is is the wine a favor as well, or does each table open it during the reception?

#5 KristinaM

KristinaM
          • VIP Member
          • 3,082 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 18, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Ocean Blue & Sand, Punta Cana
          • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:03 AM

I think it sounds perfect for your Vegas wedding! I would love it if I were a guest!
          As far as them getting the joke-- I know I certainly would especially in the setting-- but only you know your guests! If you want to get more specific to make sure maybe you can include the little pack of advil and also a little package of one of those "hangover cure" things they sell.

#6 lolkitteh

lolkitteh
          • 167 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:14 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by frazali
            I think it's great - the only question I have is is the wine a favor as well, or does each table open it during the reception?
            Thanks,everyone, for the opinions. I was going to start my "planning thread" this weekend and get pics together. I'll update this thread when I do.

Hi Frazaili - The wine will be favors as well.

#7 Copita

Copita
            • 979 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:20 PM

I think it's cute. And they can use the Advil for the hangover in Vegas :)

#8 budgetjamaicabride

budgetjamaicabride
              • 516 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:21 PM

I think the idea of making the advil a "hangover cure" is perfect! If your friends and family are there to have fun as you are, it all works.

#9 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 9,504 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:30 PM

I think it's fun! You might also want to think about a scratch off lottery ticket to incorporate the Vegas theme. My cousin had "Lucky in Love" lottery tickets at her wedding and they were a big hit!

#10 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
                  • 1,326 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:33 PM

Those are great ideas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users