• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#101 marise

marise
  • 179 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 03:55 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SASSYGIRL
    "My Girl" (I think it's by the temptations) is a great song to dance to with your dad's - It is fun and upbeat! Sorry it took me a while to find this thread ....to many to look through!
    Sassygirl, Good one!

#102 meltanirie

meltanirie
    • 283 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 12:44 PM

Me and my dad are dancing to "Through the Years" by Kenny Rogers. I love that song and it makes me think of how great my Dad has been especially through the roughest patches in my life. He's always been and still is my inspiration. My favorite line from that song is.

"Through the years you never had a doubt
      We always work things out
      I've learned what life's about
      By loving you, Through the years"

#103 JoLo908

JoLo908
      • 889 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:30 PM

I want to use the song "Daddy's Little Girl" because when I was little, every night before bed my dad would sing it, and if he wasn't there to sing it, I would cry!!! The song still makes me cry!

#104 DRB

DRB
        • 647 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:24 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by sstotz
          Have I told you lately by Rod Stewart.. my dad and I use to ALWAYS sing it together.. Im gonna surprise him with it.. he'll more than likely tear up and start singing it to me while we dance...
          I chose that song too! We always used to listen to it on car trips when I was a little kid, plus I love the words, very meaningful. OK, now I'm get all teary just thinking about it, lol.

#105 rach220

rach220
          • 532 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 10:16 AM

We are deciding between "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and "When You Wish Upon a Star." Wizard of Oz and Pinocchio were 2 movies my dad and I watched all the time when I was little...the songs just make me think of him! I prefer "Somewhere over the Rainbow" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole because it's more "beachy", but Dad wants the Judy Garland version. We'll see what happens...

Married July 16, 2009
            Aventura Cove Palace Resort
            Riviera Maya, Mexico

photo by Misti Douglas

#106 tcuvicki

tcuvicki
            • 75 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:22 AM

I just listened to Kendall Payne's Daddy and I'm bawling. That song is so perfect I love it! Thanks for the suggestion!

#107 Kara&Ryan

Kara&Ryan
              • 44 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:35 AM

I am dancing to "Daddy's Little Girl" by Tim McGraw as well. I had given my dad 3 songs to listen to and wanted him to pick.. this was his choice and it is perfect!
                [SIGPIC]Kara & Ryan
                May 20, 2009
                Iberostar Rose Hall Beach
                Jamaica[/SIGPIC]

#108 ErikDaGenErik

ErikDaGenErik
                • 315 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:57 AM

i'm a total daddy's girl! i LOVE this thread =)

#109 KellyG24

KellyG24
                  • 51 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 06:58 AM

I wanted to use something a little more upbeat so we're doing "My Girl" by the Temptations! My Dad raised my sister and I on old twang country and there's a song called "Daddy's Girl" but I just don't think it's too appropropriate for Jamaica. Some people might know the song, but most won't. "My Girl" will just be plain fun!

I love it!

#110 *Kerin28*

*Kerin28*
                    • 202 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:27 AM

A few years back when "I loved her first" had just come out my Dad became computer savy and typed the lyrics up on really cute paper and framed it for me. Its hanging on my wall in my apt so that is def the song we will be dancing to. He really loves it and it will mean alot to him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users