To Veil or not to Veil...

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 estella1007

• 475 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:24 AM

What are you guys doing? I feel that because it's a destination wedding, a veil may be too formal. Although, I see these great pics that where the bride has a cathedral length veil blowing in the wind and it looks so pretty.I am afraid that without a veil I won't look like a bride! I think I may be doing silk gardenias in my hair instead, but would love to hear what everyone else is planning to do.

#2 Cattie

• 594 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:30 AM

Since I'm using my grandmothers pearl crown I think it would look silly without a veil. So that would be a yes, I'm wearing one! I don't think I would feel like a bride without one though. Maybe I'm weird! Plus I love the pics of brides with there veil in the breeze!

#3 katedoeseurope

• 71 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:38 AM

I'm thinking yes to the veil too. I am a sucker for the long veil blowing in the wind. I don't plan on wearing it all night though! This is my hair/veil/flower inspiration

Click the image to open in full size.

#4 Jacilynda

• 2,777 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:41 AM

I am not a veil girl, but I love the look of the floor length veil in the wind. I have an appt that I'm going to go in w/ my dress and everything and have my hair done and try on veils so I can really see if I like it w/ my dress and hair. I'll decide after that.

#5 KLC77

• 2,207 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:26 AM

I vote for a veil! I had no intention of wearing one, but last minute I bought one at my bridal shop. I absolutely love the pictures I have with my veil on and am so glad that I decided to buy one. I didn't wear it all night, but really did love it. The one I got was short, which I really liked for a DW because it was less formal. I say go for it!

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#6 Jen_S

• 3,737 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:31 AM

I am also wearing a long veil with a gardenia in my hair. I made my own veil for around $10 that way incase it is too windy I can decide not to wear it and not feel bad.
              Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#7 tylersgirl

• 1,681 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:32 AM

I don't think I will be wearing one. I don't want to have to worry about it blowing everywhere in the wind. Plus, I think I am going to wear a hair flower or feathers in my hair.

#8 jenna3

• 6 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:56 AM

I really want to wear a veil. I probably will end up just going with a shorter one but I guess it will also depend on what my dress looks like. I have a couple ideas but nothing picked out. I say just try a few on and see how you feel. :)
                  Jenna & Sean
                  February 3rd, 2010
                  Melia Las Dunas, Cuba

#9 2bebridejamaica

• 1,206 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:26 AM

I went with a veil even when I didn't think I wanted one. Once my dress was on and the shop gave me a bunch of accessories to try on.. I knew I had to have it. It made everything seem so complete and real. Granted with the hurricane I had it all over my face... but the pictures of me with it on... LUV them.

Do you have your dress yet? Or r u just thinking ahead??

#10 panther

• 84 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:33 AM

I am going with no veil, I am not a veil girl and I think it wil annoy me more then anything. Go with your gut, it will be the right choice for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users