Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#831 chan_porty

chan_porty
  • 95 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:27 AM

Hi ladies,

I was just wondering if anyone can comment on the minister from Rose Hall Suites. Is he good? Do the guests have difficulty understanding his accent? I'm just wondering if I need to arrange for a translator.

Thanks so much for any advice or comments

#832 MsSmithtobe

MsSmithtobe
    • 282 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 10:01 AM

I'm pretty sure they will speak great english, jamaicans don't speak another language, they speak english.  When it is necessary to speak proper english, they probably do better than you and I lol.  Remember it was owned by England not to long ago.  A translator should not be necessary.

#833 jonesr1979

jonesr1979
      • 235 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:18 PM

A translator if definitely not necessary.  MsSmithtobe set it best when it necessary the best queens english ever! :)

#834 chan_porty

chan_porty
        • 95 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:26 PM

Thanks ladies.

I didn't think that I needed a translator either. But, I went to a bridal show last week and the lady presenting (Jane from Wedding SOS) said that she went to a wedding in Jamaica where the minister was speaking Patois and nobody could understand him. I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't the case at this resort.

Thanks again ladies

#835 JessicaC

JessicaC
          • 8 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 05:35 PM

Hey ladies!  I am leaving on Thursday for my wedding this weekend.  Crossing my fingers that the weather decides to cooperate with us, but the forecast is not looking good.  Anyways, just wanted to say thanks to the few that gave me advice.  Can't wait for our special day on Saturday and looking forward to sharing my moments with you all!

#836 Julie's Iberostar Wedding

Julie's Iberostar Wedding
            • 68 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessicaC 

Hey ladies!  I am leaving on Thursday for my wedding this weekend.  Crossing my fingers that the weather decides to cooperate with us, but the forecast is not looking good.  Anyways, just wanted to say thanks to the few that gave me advice.  Can't wait for our special day on Saturday and looking forward to sharing my moments with you all!

Have a wonderful wedding!!! Looking forward to hearing about the amazing moments you have!

#837 wendyjd

wendyjd
              • 968 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:41 PM

Jessica, hope you have a wonderful time.  Don't forget to come back and give us a review.  Fingers crossed for good weather for you.

#838 NikkiT.

NikkiT.
                • 106 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by JessicaC 

I am excited for you!  I hope you have a great wedding and will pray for good weather for you!

Nikki

#839 Princess J

Princess J
                  • 424 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:57 AM

Have a great time ! Don't worry about the weather- remember rain is GOOD LUCK!

50 Guests booked + the bride and groom!!!

#840 breeze616

breeze616
                    • 1,760 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:25 AM

Best of luck on your special day Jess!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users