Jump to content

Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!


  • Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#2261 sunshine2413

sunshine2413
  • Site Supporter
  • 340 posts

    Posted 13 April 2011 - 02:33 AM

    Hey ladies... In my eyes I would rather pay the cancellation fee then $3,000. Do you think we can do that?



    #2262 Tropical Love

    Tropical Love
    • Site Supporter
    • 171 posts

      Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:25 AM

      Didn't think of that! You know what, I can see them being crafty and telling us our dates aren't available anymore! Then what?

      How much is the cancellation fee??

       

      Originally Posted by sunshine2413 

      Hey ladies... In my eyes I would rather pay the cancellation fee then $3,000. Do you think we can do that?



       



      #2263 oJustBeachyo

      oJustBeachyo
      • Newbie
      • 28 posts

        Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:19 AM

        Not a very good review for Nicole on Trip Advisor - Just thought I'd share!

         
        Date of review: Apr 12, 2011 - New

         

        We planned my daughters wedding for the first week in April and had 28 people coming for the event. I am in a Regional position with a Hotel company so I understand and am empathetic to the challenges of the wedding coordinator position....but we were all disappointed with the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites wedding coordinator, Nicole Barnett.
        To make it easier on her and to insure details would be organized prior to arrival so we could relax and have fun once got there.....a few weeks prior to arrival we submitted meticulously detailed instructions, event orders, time lines, dinner reservation times, etc.for the wedding/reception and the group events we had planned over the 4 days and I seriously doubt she even looked at it....let alone made any effort to faciliate the Bride's wishes.
        We certainly understand mistakes happen and things get overlooked sometimes but it was something major everyday....with no apology offered or attempt to correct. Every encounter with Nicole was unprofessional and absolutely aggravating....so much so that the Bride completely broke down in tears the night before her wedding from shear frustration.
        Luckily we had a great, fun, efficient group who made the wedding and reception happen in spite of the wedding coordinator.
        Consensus is we would love to come back to Iberostar on vacation....but not for an event. The Star Friends...Kiki, Jukebox, Momo, Happy Feet are so talented and amazing and Klema who had a smile for us every day at the pool Bar kept things fun and interesting all day long. This is a great place to bring your whole family....the Star Friends keep the kids (big & small) entertained from morning till late at night. Such a beautiful property and location and a really great value......Just wouldn't do a wedding considering our experience.
        I would have given this hotel a 5 Star rating if not for our experience with Nicole.



        #2264 eholt

        eholt
        • Member
        • 528 posts

          Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:03 AM

          This doesn't sound good.  Based on the first hand reviews from the BDW brides, I would have to say, we shouldn't let this get to us.  At this point, I can't afford the negative vibes.  I am traveling with a great group, little details and marrying my love.  Nicole or anyone else can't stop this from being a great trip!  We all agree communication and some attention to detail needs some help, but all we can do is hope for the best!  Let's stay positive ladies!!!!

           

          Originally Posted by oJustBeachyo 

          Not a very good review for Nicole on Trip Advisor - Just thought I'd share!

           
          Date of review: Apr 12, 2011 - New

           

          We planned my daughters wedding for the first week in April and had 28 people coming for the event. I am in a Regional position with a Hotel company so I understand and am empathetic to the challenges of the wedding coordinator position....but we were all disappointed with the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites wedding coordinator, Nicole Barnett.
          To make it easier on her and to insure details would be organized prior to arrival so we could relax and have fun once got there.....a few weeks prior to arrival we submitted meticulously detailed instructions, event orders, time lines, dinner reservation times, etc.for the wedding/reception and the group events we had planned over the 4 days and I seriously doubt she even looked at it....let alone made any effort to faciliate the Bride's wishes.
          We certainly understand mistakes happen and things get overlooked sometimes but it was something major everyday....with no apology offered or attempt to correct. Every encounter with Nicole was unprofessional and absolutely aggravating....so much so that the Bride completely broke down in tears the night before her wedding from shear frustration.
          Luckily we had a great, fun, efficient group who made the wedding and reception happen in spite of the wedding coordinator.
          Consensus is we would love to come back to Iberostar on vacation....but not for an event. The Star Friends...Kiki, Jukebox, Momo, Happy Feet are so talented and amazing and Klema who had a smile for us every day at the pool Bar kept things fun and interesting all day long. This is a great place to bring your whole family....the Star Friends keep the kids (big & small) entertained from morning till late at night. Such a beautiful property and location and a really great value......Just wouldn't do a wedding considering our experience.
          I would have given this hotel a 5 Star rating if not for our experience with Nicole.



           


          May 19, 2011
          Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
          Montego Bay, Jamaica
          http://tickers.Ticke....9b1f/event.png

          #2265 brandyshaunta

          brandyshaunta
          • Newbie
          • 14 posts

            Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:22 AM

            I don't think there is a cancellation fee.  I would check to see and then tell them to cancel my wedding and immediately book a new one.



            #2266 sunshine2413

            sunshine2413
            • Site Supporter
            • 340 posts

              Posted 13 April 2011 - 12:20 PM

              It says that if you booked your date the credit card you usedto book it will charged $100. But honestly, $100 is nothing, when you are comparing it with $3,000. I wrote Janielle asking for an explanation... I will update you ladies when I hear back.

              #2267 IslandBride201x

              IslandBride201x
              • Jr. Member
              • 237 posts

                Posted 13 April 2011 - 02:53 PM

                Very well said and I completely agree.  Everyone has a different perspective on things, and there are really no details on what was wrong.  Something major to one mother, might not be major to everyone.  Your wedding will be everything you make of it with your friends and family.  Like you said... no matter what at the end of the day you will be married to the love of your life! 
                 

                Originally Posted by eholt 

                This doesn't sound good.  Based on the first hand reviews from the BDW brides, I would have to say, we shouldn't let this get to us.  At this point, I can't afford the negative vibes.  I am traveling with a great group, little details and marrying my love.  Nicole or anyone else can't stop this from being a great trip!  We all agree communication and some attention to detail needs some help, but all we can do is hope for the best!  Let's stay positive ladies!!!!

                 



                 



                 


                Kim & Eric ~ July 22, 2012
                Married to my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love
                Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, Montego Bay, Jamaica


                #2268 oJustBeachyo

                oJustBeachyo
                • Newbie
                • 28 posts

                  Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:41 PM

                  It sounds like they were VERY meticulous too!!! I'm A LOT more laid back and go with the flow. I'm pretty sure that nothing is going to make me have a full on crying breakdown....haha! Let's hope! Just wanted to share the review.

                   

                  Originally Posted by IslandBride201x 

                  Very well said and I completely agree.  Everyone has a different perspective on things, and there are really no details on what was wrong.  Something major to one mother, might not be major to everyone.  Your wedding will be everything you make of it with your friends and family.  Like you said... no matter what at the end of the day you will be married to the love of your life! 
                   



                   



                   



                  #2269 Tina5978

                  Tina5978
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 231 posts

                    Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:41 PM

                    I agree ladies, I won't let one review out of so many get to me.  Things will never ever be perfect, as long as the love of your life is waiting for you at the end of the aisle that's all that truly matters.

                     

                    The only major thing that would cause a break down for me is if my husband to be was not there, otherwise in life you make the very best of everything always. Eholt girlie I will see you there!!

                     


                    Christina & Sherman~Iberostar Rose Hall Suites~Montego Bay, Jamaica~May 16, 2011
                    Bride & Groom plus 47+ booked and counting...

                    #2270 mrsgreene2011

                    mrsgreene2011
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 307 posts

                      Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:56 AM

                      I plan on having my welcome and rehearsal dinner all in one. Do you ladies think that's a good idea or does anyone know if this can be done. I also saw a post from someone that said the hotel will not hold on to any items you ship, i.e decorations, OOt bags. How anyone had this issue or can anyone confirm this?

                       

                      Thanks






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users