Photo

How much is your wedding costing you?

• Please log in to reply
577 replies to this topic

#31 jlwhite5

jlwhite5
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 10:05 PM

it seems that most people are around $20k, but i'm REALLY hoping we don't get to that point. that was our budget for a traditional, at-home wedding, and we're trying to save money with a dw. my parents are looking to spend $10k at the most, but we're willing to go up to $12k. we haven't actually made any purchases yet, so i'm not sure if we'll stick to the budget, but let's hope so!

#32 RosieM

RosieM
    • Banned
    • 97 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:38 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by jlwhite5
      it seems that most people are around $20k, but i'm REALLY hoping we don't get to that point. that was our budget for a traditional, at-home wedding, and we're trying to save money with a dw. my parents are looking to spend $10k at the most, but we're willing to go up to $12k. we haven't actually made any purchases yet, so i'm not sure if we'll stick to the budget, but let's hope so!
      We would have been at about 12 if we had not decided to splurged on our photographer. You should be able to do.

#33 reevesbride

reevesbride
      • 212 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:06 PM

My budget is about $12,000 not including our honeymoon. Destination weddings are less expensive then traditonal weddings, But the more guest you expect the higher the cost. So remember when your inviting guest the more you have the more money you spend on things like reception and guest passes, oot bags things you dont think about when your idea of a destination wedding is eloping or and extremly small low key wedding of 10 or so.

#34 cantwait2718

cantwait2718
        • 78 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:23 AM

This post scares me. We were looking at a little over 20k to do an at home wedding and I am hoping to do this dw for about half of that. But most of your numbers are scaring me. I am still waiting for the ta to get back to me on prices for the places I picked.

#35 neen

neen
          • 633 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:52 AM

hmmm...I don't know what we're doing wrong, but we're close to $35,000 and that doesn't include the $10,000 we spent/are spending doing site visits (2) and the honeymoon. Maybe I need to re-think things...

#36 milejilo

milejilo
            • 313 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 01:08 PM

fi and i ran through our budget last night... if we don't cut things out we're looking at about $30,000.... we think we'll have around 90 people attend, how many will you have?

#37 GracieBebe

GracieBebe
              • 354 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:03 PM

We initially set our budget for $16K, but we already blew that out of the water when we picked our location/accommodations so here's our new expected costs for 28 adults (including ourselves) and 3 children (ages 1, 5, and 7).

Accommodations for a week for everyone - $14,000
                Welcome dinner 1st night - included in accommodations
                Breakfast every morning for all guests - included in accommodations
                Dress/Tux - $2000 (including alterations)
                Wedding & Reception (chapel, cake, & bouquet/boutenniere incl.) - $6000
                Fireworks show - $2400
                Musicians - $800
                Photographer - $2500
                Pastor/Officiant - $650
                Hair/Makeup (Bride & MOH) - $500
                Hair/Makeup (Mothers of Bride/Groom) - $500
                Airfare (U.S to France, London, Amsterdam and back)- $3500
                Rings - $3000
                Invites & STD's - $300
                Wedding Favors/OOT gifts - $200
                Transportation (Train, Taxi, Car, etc) - $500
                Honeymoon accommodations - $1500

Total = Just under $38K for everything (haven't thought about AHR but will do backyard bbq)

Am I forgetting anything??

Also, we got quoted in Euros. Now that the Euro is dropping, we're saving a few thousand in the currency exchange. We were first quoted these prices when the Euro was at $1.46. Now the Euro is at about $1.23.
                - Grace
                Location - Chateau de Challain, Challain la Potherie, France
                Engagement Date - Sept. 6, 2008
                Wedding Date - Sept. 9, 2009
                Our Pro wedding photo website:http://fanelliweddin....l&startIndex=0Our wedding planning website:http://www.mywedding...graceandmichael

#38 coppergoddess13

coppergoddess13
                • 170 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:42 PM

Eeks! We are having a really small wedding- our budget is around $7500, including our honeymoon (the week at the resort for the wedding). Of course, we aren't getting a lot of extras, and we are planning on no more than 40 people, so... that keeps our costs down quite a bit! We want to buy a house after the wedding, so we are scrimping for that, plus FI doesn't get the point of spending too much on the wedding (if it was up to him, we'd go to the JP tomorrow and be done with it!), so getting the budget up to $7500 has been a challenge!

#39 chicklet

chicklet
                  • 718 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 02:29 PM

This one thing I have had a lot of trouble with. I thought I would have tons of money with 10,000but am now struggling to make that work.
                    I bet ours ends up being closer to 11,000 or 12,000.

#40 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
                    • 1,083 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 06:15 PM

Wow! I am feeling like maybe I underestimated my budget now reading what everyone else is spending. I am projecting spending under $8000 total.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users