Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:03 PM
We learned together we make a great team... we had such a good time planning our DW. We got so close since we did so much ourselves. We also learned that we have to do what makes us happy... I know our marriage will be so much stronger because of all the experiences we've shared through this process!
Here are some tips for others:
* Print out all the final confirmation e-mails, spreadsheets, and contracts you have from vendors & your resort. We got an accordion folder and made a section for each vendor. That made it easy to verify price and get any phone numbers needed to make last minute phone calls.
* Have envelopes marked with your final payments and tips ready. This is helpful when you go to make those final payments. You’ll have the cash for tips & be ready to enjoy your big day! Take a range of money, we had a bunch of $100.00 bills and often we needed a $20.00. Mix it up, ones & fives are great for tipping.
* Have a backup of your vows, menu, and music play list. We e-mailed our vows to the minister weeks before the ceremony, but he had computer issues and called us the day before our wedding and asked us to re-email them to him! Thankfully we had everything saved to a key.
* Send out a reminder e-mail to guests a few days prior to your departure. Remind them about important things needed such as: passports, photo memory cards, phone chargers, and other things that are easily forgotten. We sent out links to the airlines so that guest could check airline requirements for carry-ons and their flight status. We also provided the contact phone number for our resort and our TA, so that they could leave these numbers with close friends and family incase of an emergency. Many of our guests commented that this was helpful. We sent a travel brochure a few weeks before in the mail, but the e-mail was a good last minute packing checklist!
* If you get your nails done prior to leaving, get the white tips put on with the UV gel on top. My french manicure looked great for 13 days! Some of my friends got the acrylic french and it turned yellow in the sun!
* Be sure to get a good picture of you both at the wedding. It will be 3 months until we see our real pictures! We wish we had just a few of just the 2 of us looking at the camera.