Tell me about your experiences with Bare Escentuals/Minerals

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 tvt

tvt
  • VIP Member
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 02:16 AM

I went to sephora today and got my make up done. they used bare minerals on me, and I ended up buying the starter kit and some blush.

However, I set out to read reviews on the product and am finding a great deal of horrible reviews... people breaking out, enhancing pore visability, etc. Especially those with sensitive skin.. which I definitely have.

What's your experience with Bare Minerals?

#2 loveangel0610

loveangel0610
    • 272 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 02:34 AM

I have very sensitive skin and I have never had a problem with bare escentuals. I've been using it for almost two years now and I love it! It makes my skin look so even after I apply it. I suggest trying it for your self and see how it works. I hope all goes well.

#3 Birdie07

Birdie07
      • 1,218 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 02:47 AM

I also loved it. I got it for my wedding and wore it and then wore it everyday till about 2 months ago. I have light sensitive skin and it improved my skin. I just switched to organic tinted moisturize. So I don't wear alot of makeup. But I wear BE for special occasions.

#4 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
        • 1,634 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 05:08 AM

I actually only started using it a week ago, bought the UK version of the starter kit, which includes the 2 foundations, 3 brushes, the mineral veil and a blusher....I've not broke out or anything. But I do have large pores and don't feel like it covers them up the way the box says it would! I'm not hugely upset about it, but think I might go instore the next time I'm near the store I bought it from, and get them to do my make up for me to make sure I'm doing it right. I know I tend to use as little as possible, not a big makeup wearer, so maybe i'm not using enough...or maybe i'm not swirling enough!lol

All in all, i would recommend it though, and will buy refills.

xxxxxxxxx

#5 shellb

shellb
          • 533 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 07:57 AM

I was just watching an infomercial wondering how well it worked. I tend never trust infomercials. It's nice to hear that real people (not paid actors) actually like the product.

#6 syl1115

syl1115
            • 789 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:54 AM

I have used it but it makes me break out. I don't have sensitive skin either.
              Sylvia

Our wedding slideshowhttp://www.facebook.....=1047086342460

#7 Bianca

Bianca
              • 1,057 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 09:38 AM

I used it a couple times. I do not have sensitive skin, but it made my face feel itchy an hour or two after I put it on. I didn't break out and it didn't irritate my skin(visibly), but it felt weird and I stopped wearing it. It looked great though!
                19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
                http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

#8 HotTamale

HotTamale
                • 304 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 10:01 AM

I have used it off and on, only by using my girlfriends, and I really loved it. I have a lot of freckles, and love how it mildely hid them, but didn't give me a caked on feel. I've been watching all the infomercials as well, and am tempted to purchase the kit. I am a loyal Estee Lauder and Laura Mercier fan, and believe that cosmetics should not be skipped on as far as expense is concerned. I come from a family of women that are beautiful, and have hardley any wrinkles and they tell me it's becuase they splurge on quality cosmetics. Hence my temptation to purchase Bare Essentials.

#9 Alyssa

Alyssa
                  • 11,793 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 10:19 AM

Tara,

i use the sheer (no color) mineral poweder - i love it!!!! i have been using it for at least a year or 2 and never had any problems.

also, i am very lazy about washing my face at night so sometimes i sleep with it on and still don't break out :)

#10 antonia321

antonia321
                    • 122 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 10:30 AM

i love Bare Escentuals! I have been using the foundation for 6 years. my mom recommended it to me and I have recommended it to many friends who are very happy. I have sensitive skin, too. I have broken out using their primer so I just stick to the powders now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users