• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#41 stkitts2010

stkitts2010
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:48 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JenniferLynn
    I also have a thing for ladybugs, so I have a small collection of ladybug stuff.

Me too, I love ladybugs! I even have a ladybug tattoo. I don't even remember how I started collecting ladybugs, now that I think of it.

I also collect decorative/painted plates from every city I visit. Actually, I collect these for my mom as I send them all to her. She enjoys displaying them in her house and sharing with others all the places I have visited.

#42 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
    • 2,183 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:49 PM

I collect bottle openers, I started about 10 years ago and every time I visit a new place I try to get one.

#43 caroline

caroline
      • 697 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:55 PM

... shot glasses... from every place I (we) visit...

Matt also collects (or rather, his daughter does) spoons (from places he/she has visited)

Both real originals, I know... lol

#44 1elephant

1elephant
        • VIP Member
        • 15,998 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:11 PM

no collections for me. dh collects transformers (still in box). his father on the other hand - whew! you name it, he has a collection of it!

#45 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 4,328 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:31 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Alyssa
            My FI and I are not big collectors at all but we do collect Christmas ornaments from our travels.

It really started accidentally on our first trip away together (Savannah, Georgia) we were out walking around and went into a little boutique that was going out of business and had the nicest Christmas ornaments - we bought 2 that represented that trip (one is a hand blown Georgia Peach and the other was something to do with Valentine's Day as we were there over that weekend).

I am really looking forward to buying a cool "Honeymoon" related ornament in Hawaii!

What do you collect and why?

hey we do this too! i think it makes the tree so much more personal and fun

#46 JoLo908

JoLo908
            • 889 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:01 PM

shot glasses! So easy to get, and great memories of places! Sometimes we take sand in a little glass bottle from places too...

#47 ButlerGirl08

ButlerGirl08
              • 382 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:10 AM

Hooter's t shirts... whatever city I go to, or anyone I know...I have them get me a Hooter's t shirt. Not sure why, but I like how it has the city on the shirt...

#48 ButlerGirl08

ButlerGirl08
                • 382 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:10 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by JoLo908
                  shot glasses! So easy to get, and great memories of places! Sometimes we take sand in a little glass bottle from places too...
                  I use to do shot glasses, I still kinda do, but many of them came up missing idurin those crazy ass college parties back in the day...

#49 ButlerGirl08

ButlerGirl08
                  • 382 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:11 AM

Now since I am in a sorority, I am collecting elephants...it is the general staple of my sorority.

#50 zorlack76

zorlack76
                    • 259 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:06 AM

Yeah, Im generic. I collect shot glasses too. I have a few hundred of them. I get them from everywhere I go, and everywhere everyone else goes too. They are cheap to collect.

I also collect the dust that collects on my shot glasses. Does that count :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users