Photo

How much did it cost for your guest to attend your DW?

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#1 samanthag

samanthag
  • 896 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:06 PM

Hey girlies!

I just got my first quote from a TA regarding the amount of money my guest will have to pay to attend my DW in Puerto Rico April 2009. Price only includes air & hotel. Hotels are not all inclusive!

1) RT airfare plus 6 nights hotel @ the resort we are getting married at(5 star resort) =$3,400/couple

2) RT airfare plus 3 night in San Juan & 3 nights at the resort=$2900/couple

I'm just wondering how it compares to other DW's?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

#2 mjm160

mjm160
    • 58 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:27 PM

I'm assuming you're staying at an all inclusive resort? If yes, that sounds like an appropriate price, if it's not all inclusive, that's A LOT!

We had our wedding at the Barcelo Palace (a 5 star beautiful resort), Riviera Maya June 2008- Our 7 nighters paid $1,300-1,400. 5 nights $1,100, 4 nights $450 etc... The price included resort, taxes, transportation to & from hotel/resort and airfare. The all inclusive food & alcohol (a lot of top shelf) was worth it. All guests booked their own air, but at the time it was $370-400 range for roundtrip (most guests flying from Pittsburgh).
      Our guests thought the price was right, we had 60!

#3 mjm160

mjm160
      • 58 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:28 PM

Correction to what i said- our 4 nighters paid $950!

#4 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,504 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:34 PM

I think the pricing is pretty comparable to what we spent.

It would be about $1700 per person for the week. Ours paid $2100 but it was an AI. You guests can probably get away with spending $100 a day for food etc. but alcohol is very expensive.

#5 Virg

Virg
          • 684 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:50 PM

WOW!
            To me that is quite a bit of $$. We priced out the Mayan, and Cuba, both 5* resorts, and went with Cuba we thought that 1800$ at an AI in Mexico was alot...

our guests are paying 1300$
            Happily Ever After: June 1, 2006
            Made it legal : June 30, 2009

http://i37.photobuck....h_IMG_8136.jpg

#6 kristina&kevin

kristina&kevin
            • 119 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:57 PM

We are getting at Club Med in Cancun (all inclusive) and our guest are paying $110 per person, per night. So for 4 days it is $440 per person. Air fair was cheap for our guest who booked when we sent out the invitations....for those who have waited it is really expensive now

#7 samanthag

samanthag
              • 896 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 10:14 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by ErinB
                I think the pricing is pretty comparable to what we spent.

It would be about $1700 per person for the week. Ours paid $2100 but it was an AI. You guests can probably get away with spending $100 a day for food etc. but alcohol is very expensive.
                I feel a little better now. I'm just sooo nervous to tell everyone what the cost is going to be!!!!
                Not to mention my stepmom has been totally against this DW since the start! Ugh!

#8 EricaG

EricaG
                • 1,915 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 11:26 PM

Our guests are paying $1800 for 1 week and $2200 for 2 weeks at an AI resort. This includes, hotel, food, drinks, airfare, taxes and transfers between the airport and resort each way.
                  http://i141.photobuc....DSC_0038-1.jpghttp://i141.photobuc....DSC_0463-1.jpg
                  My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
                  http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35125

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#9 Yari

Yari
                  • VIP Member
                  • 10,928 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 12:24 AM

My guest are paying a minimum of $1000 per couple for airfare and hotel.

#10 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 3,490 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 08:59 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by samanthag
                      I feel a little better now. I'm just sooo nervous to tell everyone what the cost is going to be!!!!
                      Not to mention my stepmom has been totally against this DW since the start! Ugh!
                      I too am just getting started with booking hotels/airfare....I had a mini freak out too about telling everyone the cost! But then my lovely FI reminded me the reasons why we decided on a DW! It is what WE want to do and it is OUR wedding! If some people decide not to come due to the cost of it all we understand and are certainly expecting a few of those...that is why we will be having an AHR too! Just remember this is your wedding!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users