How much $$$ does your FI / DH make?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#31 JulieG

JulieG
  • VIP Member
  • 8,323 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 07:39 PM

DH is in IT and makes more than me, but only because he is still working in Toronto and I work in Barrie. When we were both working in Toronto he didn't make much more than me at all.

#32 Bride010101

Bride010101
    • 1,547 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 07:58 PM

FI is also a student - whose in even greater than I am since he pays out of state tuition. When we graduate I will probably make more because he is looking into doing a residency - so his stipend will be substantially less. But once he's done... he will have more opportunities and will probably make more.

#33 kevsgirl

kevsgirl
      • 1,209 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:04 PM

FI makes nearly 2x what I make. With his bonus and extra cash for working the support phone (IT) he'll definitely make more, but that's not regular.

He works for a software company as a project manager and has been at the same firm for 9 years. He's not super happy with the job.

I think both of us wish we could just start over doing something completely different. We may do that eventually, but now's not a good time!

#34 amyrak

amyrak
        • 469 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:55 PM

My FI paints cars and I was so surprised to find out what those guys make. He takes home 6 figures and during the summer he usually only has to work 4 days a week. Must be nice. He is very detailed and good at what he does though and he loves doing it.

He is extremely smart and it's funny because I'm the one with the finance degree but he handles all my retirement funds because he keeps better track of the market than I do and I will say my funds have more than tripled since he started doing so..ha

#35 Spazz

Spazz
          • VIP Member
          • 10,482 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 09:21 PM

Mike is the Director of Compensation & Benefits at a large company in Philly. He used to work for PWC as a consultant for 7 years, but changed jobs b/c he traveled constantly and it was really hard on both of us. Let's just say that he makes a hell of a lot more than I do!!!

#36 Pisces

Pisces
            • 255 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 11:08 PM

Colin and I make about the same, but I work on call so my paycheques are never the same. Some months I make a bit more than him, and some months he makes more than me. It's never more than a few hundred dollars either way though.
              Colin in I in 2005 when we fell in love with Maui!

#37 sn2bski

sn2bski
              • 94 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:09 AM

FI is an avaition consultant and makes almost double what I do. ButI'm a hairstylist and we just moved to the area a year ago so my paycheck varies and I also make tips. He also started with 3 weeks paid vacation and benefits. I get one week, and thats only after you've been there a year, and no benefits. Luckily I am able to be covered under his insurance because I'm his "domestic partner".

#38 kevsgirl

kevsgirl
                • 1,209 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:05 AM

I am on contract at a non-profit, so I'm super excited about getting medical coverage under FI's plan this July!!! :)

#39 Mel

Mel
                  • 141 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:03 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
                    Oh and Mel- I just saw one of those trucks today! They are freaky looking things.
                    You'll see the trucks everywhere once you know what they are, especially if you live somewhere where there is a lot of building going on.

#40 beachbride08

beachbride08
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,372 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:43 PM

My FI makes less than I do, which sucks. However, he is finishing up his degree and hopefully will be able to find a better job once he is done.
                      Michelle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users