Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
steph_n_taz

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Recommended Posts

Oh 1 other question..does the Wiki have the open bar? Or is that an extra fee? We are having a private reception/cocktail hour right now at the royal but that includes all the drinks as well..so I would be concerned on the prices of Wiki if that was not included..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got a quote back from Wicky, and this is not included. For premium alcohol, it's $30 for the first hour and then $24 an hour per person... I know my family likes to drink, so we're keeping it at Royal cheers.gif
 

Originally Posted by qgirl2 View Post

Oh 1 other question..does the Wiki have the open bar? Or is that an extra fee? We are having a private reception/cocktail hour right now at the royal but that includes all the drinks as well..so I would be concerned on the prices of Wiki if that was not included..



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of you who are getting frustrated- I know how you feel. I went so far as to book at another location because of my frustrations. I went with my gut and initial attraction to the Royal, however, and I'm soooo glad I did. I know you have heard it a lot, but it really is all about you once you get there. I remember feeling stressed 30 days out when I never spoke to my on site wedding coordinator, but once I got there, she met with me and DH and went over EVERYTHING. She showed a picture with every selection to make sure we were on same page with each choice and was completely devoted to us (this is why she doesn't have as much time to answer questions for people 30 days out).

 

For those who are still not convinced and looking at Wicky's, you may want to look at Jessmcann's reviews (she was a wedding buddy who had ceremony at the Royal and reception at Wicky's...she is also the one who suggested my rehearsal dinner location- rooftop of La Tortuga)

 

Feel free to look at wedding and/or TTD pics in my sig. I also have a review on the Royal :). My DH and I travel every year and have never wanted to go to the same resort because we just like trying new ones. The Royal was so amazing that we plan to return for our 5th anniversary :)

 

p.s. I wish I could get married again! Enjoy the planning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that's a great point. the bar at wicky's is pricey, so if you have a drinking group, it wouldn't be as cost-effective. the majority of my family will likely only have one drink (and the others will likely be pretty saturated by Saturday), so we're good there. ; ) but ya, if people were ordering rounds of shots all night, whewwwww... !

 

Originally Posted by qgirl2 View Post

Oh 1 other question..does the Wiki have the open bar? Or is that an extra fee? We are having a private reception/cocktail hour right now at the royal but that includes all the drinks as well..so I would be concerned on the prices of Wiki if that was not included..



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lisa,

Thanks so much for that positive post on this thread!!  I have been on the brink of not coming on here again because I don't want it to bring me down.  I too have been discouraged with fees but when I think about what I would spend on a wedding here it seems silly.  The extra cost is the business of weddings. 

Also, My fiance and I have never been in touch with an off-site wedding coordinator and our on-site coordinator is wonderful.  It may take a couple of days to respond but she is always helpful and I know will make sure all of our weddings are wonderful.


 

Originally Posted by Lisa DSO View Post

For those of you who are getting frustrated- I know how you feel. I went so far as to book at another location because of my frustrations. I went with my gut and initial attraction to the Royal, however, and I'm soooo glad I did. I know you have heard it a lot, but it really is all about you once you get there. I remember feeling stressed 30 days out when I never spoke to my on site wedding coordinator, but once I got there, she met with me and DH and went over EVERYTHING. She showed a picture with every selection to make sure we were on same page with each choice and was completely devoted to us (this is why she doesn't have as much time to answer questions for people 30 days out).

 

For those who are still not convinced and looking at Wicky's, you may want to look at Jessmcann's reviews (she was a wedding buddy who had ceremony at the Royal and reception at Wicky's...she is also the one who suggested my rehearsal dinner location- rooftop of La Tortuga)

 

Feel free to look at wedding and/or TTD pics in my sig. I also have a review on the Royal :). My DH and I travel every year and have never wanted to go to the same resort because we just like trying new ones. The Royal was so amazing that we plan to return for our 5th anniversary :)

 

p.s. I wish I could get married again! Enjoy the planning



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I looked it up and since the alcohol is not included I am staying with the Royal. A the end of the day they are alittle pricey on the vendors fee, but they are trying to make things right on some issues and have been nice. I just love the resort and thing it is so pretty there and we really wanted a full-on beach wedding..everything on the beach..we got engaged on a beach in Jamaica and are going to get married on one in Mexico...

 

 

Anywho..I do have a few questions for anyone who has already been there. We really want to incorporate the native spirit of Playa in our gift bags. I have heard that chocolate, tequila and cigars are part of their culture. First does anyone else have any other ideas of items for the gift bag and second we would like to purchase them when we get there, I am assuming not to hard to do with 5th ave down the street?

 

Did anyone here have their reception on the beach? I am thinking we need some additional lighting like tiki torches..anyone have suggestions or what was your experience?

 

Lastly, we are looking to take our wedding party on an excursion instead of gifts(thought is would be more fun). I would be open to suggestions. We would like a non-driving tour thing. I have heard of some dune buggy driving tour , anyone here take that? Please send me some links to places you have gone on excursions..we are a fund bunch..probably something that involves a bit of drinking as well..

 

Well I am getting there..finally nailing down some details..found a great site for linens and napkins and chairs covers that are dirt cheap!!! decided on hand painted stones for escort cards, hand painted votive candles as place cards and candle luminares for table numbers. Still have lots to do!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


My TA highly recommended the XPlore group...they have zip-lining, cenote hike/swim, ATV's, and much more...she was there in December for an awards banquet and e-mailed me to tell me just how much fun it was...something for everyone. :-)
 

Originally Posted by qgirl2 View Post

Well I looked it up and since the alcohol is not included I am staying with the Royal. A the end of the day they are alittle pricey on the vendors fee, but they are trying to make things right on some issues and have been nice. I just love the resort and thing it is so pretty there and we really wanted a full-on beach wedding..everything on the beach..we got engaged on a beach in Jamaica and are going to get married on one in Mexico...

 

 

Anywho..I do have a few questions for anyone who has already been there. We really want to incorporate the native spirit of Playa in our gift bags. I have heard that chocolate, tequila and cigars are part of their culture. First does anyone else have any other ideas of items for the gift bag and second we would like to purchase them when we get there, I am assuming not to hard to do with 5th ave down the street?

 

Did anyone here have their reception on the beach? I am thinking we need some additional lighting like tiki torches..anyone have suggestions or what was your experience?

 

Lastly, we are looking to take our wedding party on an excursion instead of gifts(thought is would be more fun). I would be open to suggestions. We would like a non-driving tour thing. I have heard of some dune buggy driving tour , anyone here take that? Please send me some links to places you have gone on excursions..we are a fund bunch..probably something that involves a bit of drinking as well..

 

Well I am getting there..finally nailing down some details..found a great site for linens and napkins and chairs covers that are dirt cheap!!! decided on hand painted stones for escort cards, hand painted votive candles as place cards and candle luminares for table numbers. Still have lots to do!!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Andrea434 View Post

 

Lisa,

Thanks so much for that positive post on this thread!!  I have been on the brink of not coming on here again because I don't want it to bring me down.  I too have been discouraged with fees but when I think about what I would spend on a wedding here it seems silly.  The extra cost is the business of weddings. 

Also, My fiance and I have never been in touch with an off-site wedding coordinator and our on-site coordinator is wonderful.  It may take a couple of days to respond but she is always helpful and I know will make sure all of our weddings are wonderful.

 

 

 

 

 

No problem, I remember the same feeling and I have no regrets about having my wedding at The Royal :). p.s if you can afford it, ask for the corner room of Ocean front if you are getting married at the gazebo. My review has pics also. I basically walked out of my room, down the elevator beside it, and was standing in the area just before turning the corner to walk down aisle. Not to mention, the room has side windows by the jacuzzi that was great in pics (getting ready) :)  

Oh, and it was fun sneaking pics of everyone and seeing my setup lol

 

 

 

100_1940.JPG

 

100_2098.JPG

 

 

 

 

 

 

Originally Posted by qgirl2 View Post

 

 

Did anyone here have their reception on the beach? I am thinking we need some additional lighting like tiki torches..anyone have suggestions or what was your experience?

 

Lastly, we are looking to take our wedding party on an excursion instead of gifts(thought is would be more fun). I would be open to suggestions. We would like a non-driving tour thing. I have heard of some dune buggy driving tour , anyone here take that? Please send me some links to places you have gone on excursions..we are a fund bunch..probably something that involves a bit of drinking as well..

 

 

 

I had my reception on the beach and it was THE MOST AMAZING EXPERIENCE! Are you having a light up dance floor, DJ? The reason I ask is because the combo of light from 1. DJ lights,  2. light up dance floor  3. under table lights 4. bar   gave plenty of light that was nice and ambient. (see pics in my signature if you would like to see more).

 

dn-6F8E8576.jpg

 

 

sweetheart table in front of gazebo (which also has lights), the tall lights on either side of us are from DJ, and of course the dance floor:

 

dn-IMG_0912.jpg

 

dn-IMG_2378.jpg

 

 

 

I highly recommend specifying BEACH in FRONT OF GAZEBO for more privacy

 

 

 

As for your second question on excursion, have a look at this: http://www.catamaya.com.mx/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lisa-

 

I just realized in looking at your planning thread that your planning thread is where I stole alot of my ideas from (Factory 21 for cups/shot glasses, the handkerchiefs, having "Mrs. Paynter" embroidered inside my wedding purse, etc.) - so thanks! ;)

Couple of questions - I think that I originally requested the beach in front of Pelicano's for my reception. What's the difference between where your reception was held and the beach in front of Pelicano's?

 

Where did you order your table overlays and chair sashes from?

 

Thanks!

Denielle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So i just noticed the price to have a justice of the piece or minister $600!!!!!!! my gosh.thatswck.gif. t... my wedding will be symbolic as I'm getting married in my state and the JP only cost about $150............!!! i mean I'm going with the complimentary package since we will be staying in a master suite but i was looking to see if maybe i should get a package but now seeing the $600!!! BangHead.gif  that's crazy!!.. at the beginning of last year it was $400 .. wow.. i guess ill stick to my complimentary wedding and save those $600  wow..(SMH) I just feel like we are getting them lots of business by having our weddings there and bringing people and having them stay there and they just trying to squeeze every penny out of you with high cost and all these fees and what not.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • 123weddingcards.com believes in offering soothing and elegant wedding invitations that are available in exquisite designs to complement the style of bride and groom on their wedding day. Our designer wedding cards are highly premium & come with attractive design. Laser Cut Invitations Foil Stamped Invitations Embossed Invitations Glitter Invitations Floral Invitations Peacock Invitations Box Invitations Paisley Invitations Our ultimate goal is to provide the best and impeccable high-quality designs to unite your love with eternal memories by using diverse printing options like embossing, flocking, raised silk screen printing, hot foil stamping, and laser cuttings, to give a new multifaceted look to wedding invitations.  
    • The amazing destination for couples Vietnam is a very beautiful destination for newlyweds. The country is very diverse in terms of culture, nature, city, ethnic ... So come to Vietnam, you will experience all that you like from rural, modern, luxurious with low cost. Newlywed couples are eager to have a wonderful honeymoon without a problem abroad. However, the visa will be a surprise factor that can ruin the trip at any time.  To make sure that everything is ok, please contact us at our company. HGTECH specializes in providing services related to visa, passports, emergency ID, booking air tickets, booking ... Please contact us for a free visa consultation. and related issues. HGTECH INTERNATIONAL TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT AND TRADING COMPANY
      Providing services related to the field of visa, passports, emergency CMT, booking air tickets, booking ...
      Head office: 39 An Trach 1, Dong Da Dist. Hanoi
      Hotline: 0989.496.239 - Mobile: 0243.7326.897
      Email: visa.vn55@gmail.com// info@hgtech.vn
      Website: http://www.visavietnamsupport.com/  
    • Hi I just want to tell you that you don't have to worry about any arrangement for your sister marriage. So many websites are available in the market whose helping you for choosing the beautiful flower arrangement for your sister marriage. You can go to some good websites and solve your problem regarding flower arrangement for your sister marriage.  My brother was getting marriage in last month, I was also facing this problem on that time. I have been searching so many websites that have helped me to getting  wedding arrangement. One of the websites was Asian Venue Guide which helped me for selecting a beautiful flower for reception hall as well as for stage also. I hope this helps you also 
    • look like Is really amazing cloth bag.I like it
    • Hi all, My younger sister is 5 months carrying. She is suffering from hearing loss now. She was perfectly alright before she got conceived. But once she got conceived her hearing ability started getting reduced. Is it quite common now? What would be the reason for hearing loss during the pregnancy period? After scanning the doctor said that the baby is underweight. Since she is suffering from severe vomiting, she is not eating any food. Hence she seems to be very weak. The doctor has prescribed a lot of medicines for her to stay healthy and to deliver a healthy baby. In the midst of all these she is also undergoing the treatment under a hearing aid audiologist in order to improve her hearing ability. Will she completely regain her hearing ability?
  • Topics

×