#681 jenandmark

• 159 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:00 PM

3 years - it will be 4.5 when we get married

Gran Bahia Principe ~ Runaway Bay, Jamaica ~ November 11th, 2011

#682 proti007

• 467 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 09:04 PM

Our first date was on July 14th, and my FI proposed on August 26th of the following year (so just over a year). We'll have met and married within two years :)

#683 DeAngelis2be

• 349 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 09:07 PM

We were dating for 2 3/4 years when we got engaged. We will be together 4 years when we get married.

Set the date this week December 3rd, 2011 at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, Jamaica!!!!

#684 amandasalways

• 150 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 03:18 PM

We were dating 6 and a half years before we got engaged, will be just over 7 and a half when we get married.

#685 janette34

• 417 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 05:01 PM

6 years dating, will be 8 years when we're married.

#686 Pucca

• 485 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:47 PM

Got engaged almost 2 years after dating, and getting married exactly a month before our 3rd year anniversary. 

#687 Little Princess

Little Princess
              • 45 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:28 PM

We were friends for about 5 years before we started dating. We got engaged this Christmas Day, which was just less than a month before our 2 year anniversary. We've lived together for most of this year (we saw the new year in together, and what a year it's been!!). We'll be getting married mid-Feb next year, so a 2 month engagement!!

I personally think it's important to live together before getting married (even if you have 2 seperate beds in the same room!), because there are some things that people find they simply can't live with. It's SO different living together than even seeing eachother for hours every day. It's even different from visiting for a couple of weeks (long distance, our first year was just visits to eachother) because you never get past that "OMG I'M SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU" and calm down lol We've had a lot to get used to, like sharing "my" space, making compromises (I get up at 6am to make breakfast and see him off to work, phew that's hard!), finding "us" things to do, not just always "me" things. Plus some people I find I like just fine, until I'm stuck with them 24/7 then I slowly start to hate them! Well it's been a year and I love him more every day, so I think I'm onto a winner :)

#688 june11bride

• 304 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:14 PM

We got engaged May 2009 and got together September 06...so we were together 2 years and 8 months (right?) when we got engaged. We have been engaged a year and 7 months right now...we will have been engaged for 2 years and 1 month when we get married, and have dated for 4 years and 4 months when we get married (if my math is right!!).

Happily married on June 11th 2011 to the best husband in the world!

#689 june11bride

• 304 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:17 PM

Oh i could also mention that we moved in together and combined our money within 3 months of dating. I had had many previous long term relationships  before but this was different. We knew, and it was so easy. I had never lived with a guy before, but I could never live without him now!!

Happily married on June 11th 2011 to the best husband in the world!

#690 krsmith

• 528 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:06 AM

My FI got engaged on our 4yr anniversary, and will be getting married a few months after our 6yr anniversary! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users