• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#11 Nrvsbride

• 5,248 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 05:16 PM

It sounds like fun! Maybe I'll order the DVD's and try them in the privacy of my own home where I can privately embarass myself.

#12 JaimeLynne

• VIP Member
    • 4,791 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Melba
      I take it at the gym up here. Its such a fun workout, but let me tell you will sweat, alot. I hate going to work out too and its the only reason I actually make it to the gym.

I go to a class taught by two Brazilian sisters and I could only wish I could shake my ass like them.

Its kinda like a latin dance/hip-hop dance aerobics class. I just wear normal gym clothes. Usually they have new songs every few weeks so you don't have to worry about when you start or stop. It'll take you a class or two to get the basics down, so just start in the back until you feel comfortable.
      AWESOME! Thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
      It sounds like fun! Maybe I'll order the DVD's and try them in the privacy of my own home where I can privately embarass myself.
      Heehee Glenda this is what I'll be doing as well! My new "friend" is technically qualified to teach it. I wrote her today saying I wanted to order the DVDs first but she said she already has all of them and to come over to her house to try them out!! I am so pumped - I get to screw up first in her home with alcohol and then "officially" try them out in a real gym Then she wants to go to a Latin club and shake our booties - WOOHOO! I love dancing!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#13 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 11:23 PM

My gym just is starting the classes on Saturday! I'm planning on going. Too bad it is only Sat and Sun. I'll let you know how it goes!

#14 amy706

• 506 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:35 PM

sounds like fun!! to anyone that is done it- are the moves complicated? I hate doing a class that i cant' 'get" but it sounds like fun!
          Washington, DC
          Dreams Tulum
          December 5, 2008
          Pro Pics- Citlalli from Claudia Rodriguez:http://claudiaphoto...../december/a_m/Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t31997Dreams Tulum Wedding Review: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t33518http://ticker...

#15 tlomlad

• Banned
          • 1,949 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:39 PM

have not seen that anywhere around here but it sure looks like fun!

#16 LisaG

• VIP Member
            • 7,839 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:57 PM

My gym has it Fridays at 5:30...such a bad time for me. Maybe one day I'll try it. It sounds fun!!

#17 texasex

• 79 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 04:09 PM

My friend in Texas takes it and she's not the most coordinated and she made it through!

#18 stltk

• 120 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 12:57 AM

I tried this class at my gym last week. Was lots of fun. And, like Melba said, was pouring with sweat, but it wasn't hard to do tho. So, you dont notice you're sweating like crazy till the end. I would take the zumba class again. It was basically a lot of dancing with a kind of mexican/latin flair and music. Try it!

#19 S2BLennon

• 668 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 01:05 AM

OOO Can't wait to do this! I did Core Rhythms which is latin dance also, but this looks more intense! can't wait! I have a bit of a ride to get to a class though. bummer. I would do the DVD's but they would sit there and I would never get to them.

#20 BarefootBride

• 1,266 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:39 AM

I ZUMBA every week!!! Its so fun!!!! Ive lost 3 lbs in a week! lol Realistically its not just from Zumba but you usually will burn about 400-600 calories per hour. I missed my class today but I go back on Friday! We call it monkey see monkey do... you just follow along. It will be helpful to know the salsa move first. You got to move your hips! I say try it first!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users