• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
  • VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 01:40 PM

Has anyone tried this? Looks like so much fun! Zumba Fitness

I met a girl out at a bar the other weekend who is way into this and today she actually followed up with me! It looks like a BLAST but I want to know honestly is it hard to get into? If I go into a class just starting out am I going to be way behind? Also, what do you wear to these classes??

Apparently it's GREAT for weight loss - on the site they "claim" that you will drop 1 pant/dress size in 10 days or your money back. That would mean needing a new wardrobe soon but hey, that's a problem I'd like to have!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#2 Copita

Copita
    • 979 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 01:51 PM

My mother takes this fitness class every week and always talks up a storm about how great it is :) I will have to try it sometime.

#3 Autumn

Autumn
      • 1,166 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:30 PM

wow - I'd never heard of that before, but it looks awesome!
        I'd love to learn more (esp if anyone out there has gotten the DVDs?)

#4 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
        • 2,183 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:34 PM

I've heard about this before and have been tempted. What did that girl say, did she lose weight doing it. I think it will be a blast, but a whole dress size in 10 days wow!!

#5 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
          • 5,248 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:34 PM

What exactly is it? Is it kind of like a dance fitness class?

#6 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
            • VIP Member
            • 4,116 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:38 PM

My sister is an instructor for this. She loves it! I honestly don't know much about it. I can ask her some questions if you want?

#7 Yari

Yari
              • VIP Member
              • 10,928 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:06 PM

Looks like fun!

#8 Melba

Melba
                • 132 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:11 PM

I take it at the gym up here. Its such a fun workout, but let me tell you will sweat, alot. I hate going to work out too and its the only reason I actually make it to the gym.

I go to a class taught by two Brazilian sisters and I could only wish I could shake my ass like them.

Its kinda like a latin dance/hip-hop dance aerobics class. I just wear normal gym clothes. Usually they have new songs every few weeks so you don't have to worry about when you start or stop. It'll take you a class or two to get the basics down, so just start in the back until you feel comfortable.

#9 DreaW

DreaW
                  • Banned
                  • 2,462 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:17 PM

sounds like fun, hmmm yari we could try the calss together :)

#10 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
                    • 2,183 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 05:15 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by redwards
                      My sister is an instructor for this. She loves it! I honestly don't know much about it. I can ask her some questions if you want?
                      Definitely! Ask her more details about it. I'll be willing to try a class.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users