Photo

reception ideas

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 ccwinn

ccwinn
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:01 PM

Hey guys!! I am getting married in Cabo but want to have a reception in my hometown when we get back and I am just trying to get ideas. Has anyone had a reception at home when they got back?!?! What did you do? Where? Does anyone have any neat or interesting ideas?!?! Thanks!!

#2 Saraha

Saraha
    • 2,597 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:04 PM

Welcome to the forum. I am sure you will find tons of help on here. I am also getting married in Cabo and two days after I get back I am have a reception at home. It will be casual but still nice. I am having it in my fiances parents backyard. We will have it catered, alcohol, and a DJ. If you do some searching I bet you will find a lot of stuff you are looking for on here. Many of the girls have done what I am doing.

#3 tlomlad

tlomlad
      • Banned
      • 1,949 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:23 PM

my FI and i went to the bookstore and looked through a bunch of books... we decided that we want to have a "back-yard" wedding/bar-b-que for those that cant make it to Cancun, nothing to break the bank but something nice for the family to get together [this also gives us the oppurtunity to regiter! YAY!]

#4 Stormsong

Stormsong
        • 287 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 10:59 PM

We are having a reception/bbq/campout 7 months after our wedding. We are renting a tent, having a potluck bbq with family and friends. I am going to make invites for it....we will have the ipod hooked up for music. And its on a friends acreage, so people can camp overnight. We will buy the meat, but our family is bringing salads, etc. I am making candleholders to hang from the tent as the guests favors...making boarding pass invites...should be fun!!
          Lisa

#5 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
          • 1,266 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 11:11 PM

Well, our friends here in Japan are throwing me more of a farewell party before we leave for the summer! They are renting a gazebo in the park next to the water. I believe one of my old student's dad will be barbequing and people are bringing other food. We will have a cake cutting thingamajig. Thats about all that I know of.

#6 A&P08

A&P08
            • 62 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 11:53 PM

We are also getting married home. We are having it at a restaurant with just family. But I am open to any other suggestions.

#7 foxytv

foxytv
              • VIP Member
              • 7,740 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:15 AM

Do a search for "AHR" or "at home reception" and you will find tons of links, info, pics and ideas.

We are having an AHR about a month after our DW. Casual -- at FH bar/restaurant.

#8 angitalia23

angitalia23
                • 1,029 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:53 PM

Were having a party at my FI parents new home a little over a month after our Cabo wedding. Were probably going to carry over some of the mexican theme, were having it catered, with bartenders and a tent. Were having alot of people (close to 300....ya I know) Im italian but it's going to be an all afternoon/nite open house. So im trying to find ideas as well, I think for the after party anything goes, my hope is that its fun and casual!
                  Anthony & Angela
                  19 June 2008

#9 Alesha4

Alesha4
                  • 86 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 01:50 PM

I plan on having a typical reception when I get home, catering, dj, open bar, bartenders, ice luge(sp?), videographer, everything. But that is b/c I won't be doing much for a DW reception. It will probably be a month after we get back (typical time frame as I have seen on here).

But we also are pooling together all of our family and friends resources and trying to get these things at a discount. My FH is italian so everyone knows someone in his family. LOL!

Best of luck. Great info on here.

#10 Cole5worm

Cole5worm
                    • 371 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:22 PM

I am trying to have mine the weekend after we get back. My friend got married in Jamacia and had her rec. 3 weeks latter. It felt like her wedding dragged on and on. I am renting a hall and making it a mexican theme. I am making the food. taco and burrito bar with salsa, cheese dip, and 7 layer dip. I am going to rent a DJ and Cash bar. I might rent a Margraretta Sp? machine too.. adn my decerations will be simple and cheep!

HTH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users