Sign in to follow this  
shelleyanderic

Dad is Missing In Action - Who walks me down the Aisle?

We are getting married November 15th 2013 in Mexico. I have no idea where my father is and haven't spoken to him which was on and off anyways but for about 6 years now. He disappears and cannot keep up with trying to find him and his number and he hasn't reached out to me and I've had the same cell phone number for many many years. So at this point I am offended and saddened but what can I do? I can't force someone to reach out and I've tried so many times to rekindle whats left of any type of relationship but was told in his words, he was too young when he had me and to not contact him, but that was years ago that he had said this. But I of course kept trying to make him want to have a relationship.

Anyways, my wonderful grandfather and my uncle have been father figures in my life since I was a child. My grandfather is elderly (90 years old) and although he wants to and would love to come to Mexico, we aren't sure, health wise, if he will be able to attend. I asked my grandfather if he would walk me down the aisle, but I also asked my uncle as well in case my grandfather isn't able to come.

My uncle was very excited and my question is, lets say my grandfather is feeling up to attending my wedding and health wise is able to walk me down the aisle, which we all don't want to put pressure on him, if they both do attend would it be weird if I had both my Uncle and Grandfather walk me down the aisle?

Also any suggestions on a keep sake "will you walk me down the aisle" type of gift?

feedback.gif

Thank you for any advice! :)

I would definitely not see a problem with having both of them walk you down the aisle,. If they both mean so much to you it would be lovely to have them play a special part in your day. Good luck xx

That's very nice if they both walk you down the aisle not awkward at all in my pinion. My uncle is walking me down the aisle, he has been a real father figure for me, even has contributed monetarily to the wedding. My own father may/may not attend the wedding but even if he does my uncle is walking me down the aisle. Family is a trip!

My idea for a gift for going down the aisle is an embroidered handkerchief and since my uncle likes to drink more expensive alcohol, a personalized bottle of Jonny Walker Blue. It's quite expensive but it's an expression of our appreciation for everything that he's done for us towards the wedding and in my life. 

Hope this is helpful to you. 

Thank you for the advice and ideas ladies!

Kisha what a great idea for the wedding gift. My uncle loves wine and even has a wine cellar in his house. I think your idea is amazing, and thanks again for all the great advice, sounds like my idea isn't so wierd after all :)

you're lucky to have so much support - i say walk down the aisle with both of them!

These two men are very important in your life therefore let them both walk you down the aisle. You are truly blessed to have their love and support.

I have no clue who walking me down the aisle, I haven't bern in contact eith my dad in years. Someone gave him my number once and he called to ask for money so I don't plan on asking him to attend (not that he could afford to attend). And me paying is not in the question.

I would have them both. Traditional or not...I feel the wedding is up to the couple and really what is better then two men who love you giving you away. I'd go for it

My Man of Honor is walking me down the Aisle. He's been there through everything and it's only right that he pass me over to my next protector.

• Like 1

My sister ( who is also my moh) is walking me down the aisle, as both my parents have passed away.She is my only family member attending the wedding, and even though we're total opposites, she is my best friend,and is always there for me.

I think it would be great to have both of them walk with you! How sweet, I sure hope your grandpa can make it because I'm sure it would mean so much to both of you!