We wanted to do something different and fun. We also didn't want to spend a lot of money on a wedding.
Your reasons for having a destination wedding?
Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:26 PM
Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:44 PM
My Fiancé and I chose a destination wedding because:
1. We always envisioned a beach wedding
2.He has a large family and we wouldn't be able to invite everyone
3. We wanted to create a once in a lifetime atmosphere for everyone invited
4. Everyone gets a vacation as well as being with us on our special day
Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:20 AM
We both love the beach and wanted the ceremony to be small and personal. We also thought this would allow us to limit the number of guests that can actually come verses hurting peoples feelings.
Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:26 PM
I wanted to elope but FI didn't. So I figured a DW was a good comprimise. He gets his big day, but we can keep it intimate.
Plus, I always dreamed of getting married on a tropical beach.
Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:35 AM
keeping it intimate with only immediate family as to keep the cost down.....my FI said my friends and other relatives feelings
might be hurt... this is what I say..... If I come to you and say.... Hey we're getting married guys...buts its gonna be a DW with
only immediate family..... they have to respect that!!.... then I will say..... when we get back..we'll have a celebration of our marriage with a small reception at our home.....
I see nothing wrong with this... what ya think?
Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:27 AM
I'll start off by saying that I was the last person I saw having a destination wedding. I never wanted one and didn't see the appeal of it, I had also never traveled before. Last April I went with my fiancee and his family to Cuba (it was everyone's first time) and it was so incredible. After watching one wedding on the beach I started to entertain the idea.
Other reasons we chose a destination wedding are:
1. COST! I have an extremely large family and my fiancee does too, it would cost us at least $40,000.00 to have a decent wedding here. A Cuban wedding would cost a quarter of that!
2. I don't like most of my relatives and I don't want them at my wedding. My fiancee and I thought that having a destination wedding would be ideal because we only invite our closest family and friends. People we actually want with us on our big day. We want a small wedding and if we had it here it would be huge.
3. We've learned that we love to travel, love Cuba, and love the beach. After two trips to Cuba we couldn't think of a better way to celebrate our marriage.
4. It was also a way to keep the wedding in our control. I feel like so many relatives want a say in everything, it was to the point where I started to feel like it wasn't even our wedding anymore.
5. I've heard that a destination wedding is basically stress free. I'm a worrier and stress about everything so I'm sure I'll still stress a little.
6. It was an awesome way to get the people we love together to a place we love and just spend time with our loved ones sipping pina coladas on the beach. We live in Canada and Canadians can always use a break from the cold.
Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:42 AM
1. 2nd marriage for both of us, so we want to do it our way.
2. Our family live 6 different states
3. The honeymoon was going to be a week long vacation anyway, might as well get the free wedding package to go with it.
The are other reasons, but those are the top 3 that come to mind.
Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:33 PM
My husband wanted a destination wedding from the very beginning, but he had to twist my rubber arm a bit. I've always wanted a beach wedding, I am from Nova Scotia and always dreamed of getting married at the family cottage. All of my family is in NS, but all of his is here in Calgary and AB. If we got married in NS or AB, one side of the family and friends are travelling, spending money on flights, hotels, meals, rental cars, etc etc etc. the costs would add up. A destination/all inclusive would be way cheaper for everyone.
-The wedding would be much cheaper, it cost us peanuts to get married at a resort!
-Everyone gets a vacation, and it's a reunion too! When was the last time we were all together for a whole week? That never happens now that we have grown up and moved away, have jobs, kids, etc.
-It was a chance for our families to come together and meet and get to know each other, since they are across the country
-I still got my beach wedding, it may not have been the family cottage, but it was a beach, ocean, sand, sun, I couldn't have asked for anything more.
-Have I mentioned it cost us a fraction of what an at home wedding would have cost? $$$ was the biggest factor for my hubby.
After we talked to our parents and they were on board, we jumped in and did it! And it was the best decision EVER. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users