• LocationOklahoma, USA

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:17 PM

Thanks for all of the advice! :)

#32 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

I have to be honest. In all the times I've flown south, and seen brides on flights and been one.... I've never seen anyone "stuff" their dress into an overhead bin!

Relax ladies!! lol There's one of 2 ways of doing it. Either be a bridezilla and completely take over one bin and stand by it and don't let anyone else put anything in it, or wait until other people have luggage in one and fold your dress just once in half and lay it on top. I swear - it works!! And people get giddy over wedding stuff, so as soon as they see you carrying a wedding dress.... they'll get all mushy and do whatever they can to help you out!

And if you REALLY want a fuss... lol take a piece of masking tape and write "WEDDING DRESS" in big letters on it, and stick it on the outside of whatever you're dress is in. Guaranteed to make people help you out! Just watch you don't get half a dozen people asking you to open up your dress bag so they can see it!!!

Happy planning!!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#33 GingerJ228

GingerJ228
  • 158 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 8, 2014
  • Wedding Location:NOW Sapphire
  • LocationMexico

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:38 PM

Tell the agents when you arrive at your gate that you have a  wedding dress and tell the Flight attendents and ask them if they can put it in the first class closets or in the overhead for first class (there is usually a lot more room).  People love weddings and brides.... if you ask they will more than likely be happy to help you out.  I just calledUnited and asked them about this, they said even through I am flying first class the closet hold wheelcharis so if there is a wheelchar that needs to go in the closet I will have to put my gown in the 1st class overhead bin so make sure its in a sturdy garment bag,

#34 iberostarbride

iberostarbride
  • 153 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:29 PM

Thanks for all the advice I hope I don't have a prob that's the only thing im worried about

#35 jackielemman

jackielemman
    • 228 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 12, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Moon Palace, Cancun
    • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:06 PM

Thanks for all the tips! I will be carrying on my dress and know what I need to do now!

#36 kcole123

kcole123
    • 850 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Melia Caribe
    • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:45 AM

very informative.

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#37 Kyliewylie

Kyliewylie
    • 153 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 1, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Now Amber
    • LocationPuerto Vallarta

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:01 PM

Does anyone know if Transat has accommodations for wedding dresses on the plane?

#38 futuremrsh14

futuremrsh14
    • 10 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:33 AM

Are there any issues getting through security the wedding dress?  Does it still go through the scanners?  I'm very nervous about this process more so than maybe storing it on the plane.  I'm assuming this counts as the carry on as well..?  Thanks

#39 pddcmc

pddcmc
      • 610 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun - North Beach
      • LocationColorado

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:52 AM

great posts!

I love him & he loves me, we'll be married by the sea.

Planning Journal & Blog

My wedding pictures from Del Sol Photography

#40 LissaSou

LissaSou
      • 174 posts
      • Wedding Date:February 6, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium, Riviera Maya
      • LocationCalgary, Alberta, Canada

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:19 AM

@futuremrsh14 - I was wondering the same thing. I hope it doesn't count as a carry-on...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users