Moon Palace 2012 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#5321 Debra Mulkey

Debra Mulkey
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:48 PM

Hi Everyone!! 

Jamie - I leave Wed for our ceremony on Sunday.  Wanted to meet you! :) email me - setstar24@aol.com  

Does anyone know - is the club open again?

Love,

Debra

#5322 Debra Mulkey

Debra Mulkey
    • 14 posts

Hi Everyone!! 

Jamie - I leave Wed for our ceremony on Sunday.  Wanted to meet you! :) email me - setstar24@aol.com  

Love,

Debra

#5323 Debra Mulkey

Debra Mulkey
      • 14 posts

Hi Everyone!! 

Love,

Debra

#5324 shan0487

shan0487
        • 1,393 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
        • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:48 AM

yaay!! Congrats Jamie! I know you're already in Mexico- but have an amazing time!!! Can't wait to see pics and hear all about it! xoxo!

#5325 stefn1218

stefn1218
        • 89 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:52 AM

I know this forum is technically for 2012 brides, but its such a fabulous source of info i'm assuming there are 2013 brides following this thread as well! Have any of you received pricing info for 2013? I keep calling Palace Resorts and they keep telling me they will be released "this week or next". I know we have a bit of time to plan, but with all the price changes I've been reading on here I'm scared my tentative budget/plans may be blown out of the water with all of their new fees....I was also warned they might be getting rid of some add-ons, but not sure which ones. Thanks!

#5326 Renewing32

Renewing32
          • 161 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:09 AM

I know this forum is technically for 2012 brides, but its such a fabulous source of info i'm assuming there are 2013 brides following this thread as well! Have any of you received pricing info for 2013? I keep calling Palace Resorts and they keep telling me they will be released "this week or next". I know we have a bit of time to plan, but with all the price changes I've been reading on here I'm scared my tentative budget/plans may be blown out of the water with all of their new fees....I was also warned they might be getting rid of some add-ons, but not sure which ones. Thanks!

I am a 2013 bride, however I am using the complimentary package. Not sure if you have reserved your date yet but you can always reserve your date with the comp package and upgrade to another later on. Your travel agent will be able to do that for you.
            Just as stir crazy as my first wedding!

#5327 AlmostMrsRJF

AlmostMrsRJF
            • 89 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:03 AM

Congratulations Jamie!  I hope that you have the wedding of your dreams! 

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 

Hey everyone!!
              OMG, we leave tomorrow! Yay! I miss you all and sorry I haven't been able to contribute. I hope I will find the time to write a review and planning thread!
              I will at least fill you in when we get get in 2 weeks!
              Lots of love! xoxox

There were a couple of reviews from early this year where the couple used the dinner reservation for their reception.  I can't remember the names exactly, but if you go to the Moon Palace reviews, you should be able to find them.  I did ask my sales rep when I first started the process about what's allowed in the restaurant and they said that you can do the first dance & have toasts.  I was told the only thing they don't allow is decorations.  I believe one of the restaurants has a piano, but don't quote me on that.  If you are having a cocktail hour, another option would be to do your first dance there.  That's our backup plan if we end up not having a private reception. 

Side Note - It's great to see a groom so involved in the process.  You are absolutely, without a doubt, welcome as the token male! 

Originally Posted by LurkerDan 

We're getting close, and now know that our total will be just under 35, and the complimentary package includes a dinner reservation for 35 or less (it seems to have changed to 30, but our contract says 35, I assume they will honor that?). So we may try and save a bunch of money and have the reception as a dinner reservation. I know that I have read in here reviews and info from those who did it, but gosh, the information overload here is crazy and I don't have a clue where to start looking!
              So can anyone share their experiences with having a reception at one of the restaurants? How did it feel? How was the setup (private, semi-private, in the middle of a bunch of strangers, etc)?
              Restaurants that are particularly good for this, or particularly bad?
              I assume choosing this option means no DJ, music, or dancing? Does that mean no "first dance" or the like?
              PS I always meant to get my FI on here, so I could bow out as the token BDW male

Hi,

Our wedding is on the 22 June and Joannis has been the most unhelpful contact ever. The only time she replied promptly was when we requested a few extras to our package which incurred additional costs so within hours she sent an invoice demanding payment. We unfortunately paid this straight away using our credit card and two days later our card was used fraudently for thousands of pounds at various stores near Miami (we live in the UK). She has been difficult about any request we made for our wedding and honestly we are not having a big lavish day. She has only been in contact once since the fraud and that was only responding to our angry e mail and she said she had passed it to her supervisor who eventually got in touch to tell us its not their fault and its never happened to anyone with them before. Thanks to this forum I know that to be a blatent lie.

I really would cancel the whole wedding if other people hadn't paid so much money to make the trip and I live in hope that the other brides who have got married there say the on site wedding co ordinators are totally different from the Miami office.

If they just at least let tou know a contact for the hotel then it would take much of the stress away. x

Smart move!  Please make sure that you confirm that with your coordinator and any MP vendors as well.  I made sure I got that in writing from each one.

Originally Posted by Renewing32 

I let my travel agent know that if I add on anything to my wedding that I will not be paying the Miami office thieves. She agreed that I shouldn't pay for anything until I get to the resort.

Congratulations Debra!  I hope that you have a fabulous wedding as well!

Originally Posted by Debra Mulkey 

Hi Everyone!! 

Love,

Debra

I would suggest that you get what you can done & in writing now.  Based on what I've read and the info I've received from our coordinator, I can only imagine that the prices will go up from here.  As long as you can get your date reserved, you should be able to pin down the 2012 pricing for your 2013 event now & get that in your contract.  Some of the brides on here that started early were able to do the same thing and not get hit with the increases that happened after they signed their contracts.

Originally Posted by stefn1218 

#5328 AlmostMrsRJF

AlmostMrsRJF
              • 89 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:03 AM

Does anyone have contact info for PSAV? 

#5329 CafeDelMar21

CafeDelMar21
                • 130 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:05 PM

Man, I am terrified about them now since they have my credit card information on file from the booking. I keep on checking my credit card just to make sure, but this was done with a different sale's person so maybe that's the difference. I will wait to pay for anything until I get there, or maybe pay the vendors directly. Does anyone know if paying Zuniga and PSAV directly will cause a problem?

Quote:

Originally Posted by linda1972 

Hi,

Our wedding is on the 22 June and Joannis has been the most unhelpful contact ever. The only time she replied promptly was when we requested a few extras to our package which incurred additional costs so within hours she sent an invoice demanding payment. We unfortunately paid this straight away using our credit card and two days later our card was used fraudently for thousands of pounds at various stores near Miami (we live in the UK). She has been difficult about any request we made for our wedding and honestly we are not having a big lavish day. She has only been in contact once since the fraud and that was only responding to our angry e mail and she said she had passed it to her supervisor who eventually got in touch to tell us its not their fault and its never happened to anyone with them before. Thanks to this forum I know that to be a blatent lie.

I really would cancel the whole wedding if other people hadn't paid so much money to make the trip and I live in hope that the other brides who have got married there say the on site wedding co ordinators are totally different from the Miami office.

If they just at least let tou know a contact for the hotel then it would take much of the stress away. x

Miroslava's email is marriaga@psav.com

Originally Posted by AlmostMrsRJF 

Does anyone have contact info for PSAV? 

#5330 AlmostMrsRJF

AlmostMrsRJF
                  • 89 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:24 PM

Thanks for the contact info! 

Zuniga will let you charge the extras to your room.  You just have to let them know and make sure your coordinator knows.

They say their policy is to shred the credit card info immediately, but someone definitely did not do that in our case. 

Originally Posted by CafeDelMar21 

Man, I am terrified about them now since they have my credit card information on file from the booking. I keep on checking my credit card just to make sure, but this was done with a different sale's person so maybe that's the difference. I will wait to pay for anything until I get there, or maybe pay the vendors directly. Does anyone know if paying Zuniga and PSAV directly will cause a problem?

Quote:

Miroslava's email is marriaga@psav.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users