Photo

Moon Palace 2012 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#4551 CafeDelMar21

CafeDelMar21
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

This is what I don't get about MP, if you are a paying customer, wouldn't they do whatever it takes to make sure that you get what you want and, well, pay for it? 

I feel your pain. But I would call the main line (not her extension) and try to talk to someone else and see what they say (I find calling them is WAY more effective than emailing).

Perhaps she said no because she is thinking full table set up? Why not ask them if you can book an area and have Zuniga decorate it or something (like just lights and chairs and a dance floor perhaps? Push for it, don't give up when they say no :)

Originally Posted by FutureRN2011 

Hi Ladies,

I finally got an email from Joannis.....but I have a feeling it is only because I contacted my TA and she called MP and told them they need to get going on things and stop leaving us brides that are leaving in less than a month hanging. My reply from Joannis is in my opinion half-assed. I had asked in my previous email to her what my options were for my reception since I noticed that you have to have a minimum of 20 people for a private reception outside. I asked if I could do dinner in a restaurant and rent a terrace for dancing and she replied that I would have to do dinner in a restaurant and that I could not have a private function because 12 people isn't enough. She didn't offer any other suggestions or anything. I literally felt like crying when I saw that reply. I don't know what I am going to do or if there are any hopes of having any type of event that will feel as close to a reception as I can get. I am not impressed with no suggestions as to what my options were. I guess its back to the drawing board and I will have to figure out what we are going to do for a reception. I leave in 21 days and feel like my miami coordinator has not helped me at all. She has just made me more stressed leaving me in the dark. I really hope that my on-site coordinator contacts me soon since I don't even know who that is either. :(

#4552 CafeDelMar21

CafeDelMar21
    • 130 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

Hey Ladies, I have a question: Do I NEED to have OOT bags?

I'm asking because it's not like any of my guests haven't travelled before and, well, they should know what to bring. I find it more of a pain than anything. I've never been to a destination wedding so I don't know if I am expected to make them. HELP!

#4553 ChipmunkRN

ChipmunkRN
      • Site Supporter
      • 81 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:30 PM

you don't need to do OOT bags no one expected them, but I have to say they were fun to put together and I loved how much everyone else loved them and were surprised by them. Plus it was exciting to see everyone using their beach bags at the pool or their key holders around their wrist. I didn't do mugs but saw plenty of people from other wedding parties using thier bubba drink cups. It was worth it for me to do.

Originally Posted by CafeDelMar21 

I'm asking because it's not like any of my guests haven't travelled before and, well, they should know what to bring. I find it more of a pain than anything. I've never been to a destination wedding so I don't know if I am expected to make them. HELP!

#4554 USCJLB

USCJLB
        • 10 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:24 AM

HI Ladies-

I have posted my wedding review for anyone who is interested...whew, it took forever but I wanted to write it while everything was still fresh in my mind.

The one thing that I forgot when I posted it was about customs and forms. When you complete the customs forms you need to ensure that you keep that little stub of paper with you because they will collect it when you board the plane back to the US. We went down as 4 (mom, our son, hubs and I) but my Mom came back with our son the day after the wedding so we could have some grown up time. The customs agent when we came through mixed up my husband and son's slip of paper and it lead to lots of delays for my Mom and for us when we came back through. So just keep that in mind!

You all have been the greatest support network and I have loved this process feeling like we were all in it together. Best of luck to everyone and may you all have long, happy, and joyous marriages!

http://www.bestdesti...tm_medium=email

#4555 CurlyBride

CurlyBride
          • 46 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:35 AM

Hello mrsjdh2b... can you please email me the link below... i cant get it to open at work... thanks so much!!!

Originally Posted by mrsjdh2b 

Here is a price list I got from Katie this week. If you can't open it just let me know and I"ll email it to you.
            But they quote tiki torches for $8 a pc.

Attached Files

#4556 CurlyBride

CurlyBride
            • 46 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:40 AM

Getting a boat to dock at Moon Palace would be amazing but i guess that would depend on the boat company as well.. do you know anyone who has done this before? my guess is the on site coordinators would know more then the miami office.. just sucks we cant actually reach them.

I know about the catamaran rental from someone who used that service and loved it. Trip advisor rates it as one of the best tours... its almost like a party boat for 50 people and they have an option for open bar and food based on per person if you want. they add on bus service if you need.

Originally Posted by SunnyInVegas 

I have been trying to get this information as well, with no luck so far. I think this would be amazing to do instead of a private function!

Moon Palace has a dock & I'm hoping to rent the boat and board directly from thier dock instead of having to take a bus somewhere. I'll let you know when I get the information, please do the same! :-) Good luck!

#4557 CurlyBride

CurlyBride
              • 46 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:45 AM

No you def do not have to do OOT bags, Most people have not been to a destination wedding so when they receive such things they are amazed by it. its totally up to you.. My oot is a beach tote with beach towel (monogramed), custom deck of cards , possibly a pashmina and a printed paper of the events organized by me for the guests.

You can come up with other things as well 

#4558 JennyLynn

JennyLynn
                • 16 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:54 AM

So I feel like i'm in the same boat as everyone else and its very stressful! I'm a Cancun Palace bride and my wedding day is May 17th I call and call and email no response. I only have a few ?'s to make sure everything is set.  Does anyone know who the Photography is by if I go threw the resort? Is it smile market ? I have seen some of the resent photos and they looked really good. Thanks Ladies !

#4559 FutureRN2011

FutureRN2011
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 44 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by JennyLynn 

So I feel like i'm in the same boat as everyone else and its very stressful! I'm a Cancun Palace bride and my wedding day is May 17th I call and call and email no response. I only have a few ?'s to make sure everything is set.  Does anyone know who the Photography is by if I go threw the resort? Is it smile market ? I have seen some of the resent photos and they looked really good. Thanks Ladies !

Hi JennyLynn,

Yes, the photography through the resort is Smile Market and I actually talked directly to them to book my photo package. They worked really quick and emailed back so quickly.

I spoke to ***** and her contact info is: ***** Nava | SALES CONSULTANT | Smile Market de M©xico SA de CV |

Carret. Cancºn-Chetumal Km.340 | Cancºn Q.Roo 77500 | 998 881 60 00 Office | 56421 Ext. |

92*954600*19 |wedding1@palaceresortsweddingphotos.com|www.smilemarket.com.mx

Attached Files

#4560 FutureRN2011

FutureRN2011
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 44 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:16 AM

This is what I don't get about MP, if you are a paying customer, wouldn't they do whatever it takes to make sure that you get what you want and, well, pay for it? 

I feel your pain. But I would call the main line (not her extension) and try to talk to someone else and see what they say (I find calling them is WAY more effective than emailing).

Perhaps she said no because she is thinking full table set up? Why not ask them if you can book an area and have Zuniga decorate it or something (like just lights and chairs and a dance floor perhaps? Push for it, don't give up when they say no :)

Exactly my thoughts too, CafeDelMar21! I am getting my TA involved since she seems to get through quickly to MP. I will see what they say. Hoping for good news....keeping my fingers crossed! If they offer private functions, why can't I do that but not have the dinner. They hear the word reception and automatically think dinner with dancing but I am trying to do the two separate in order to make it possible. I am sure I am not the only bride who has a small group going. We will soon find out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users