Photo

Trash the Dress

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#11 knitgirl13

knitgirl13
  • 276 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:03 AM

Is the TTD supposed to look similar to the ceremony dress or are people going for a completely different look?  Mine is large and ruffly and might not work out so well in the water.

#12 J&E2011

J&E2011
    • 45 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:31 AM

I'm also planning on doing TTD pictures on the day after the wedding and using a second dress for this shoot. I have THE dress, but haven't found the second one yet...

I'd like to go for something flowy as well... anyone know where I can get cheap dress?  

#13 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
      • Banned
      • 630 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:05 AM

I was originally going to order a knock-off for the TTD, but decided to just wear my ceremony dress.  At first I was thinking that it wouldn't look that good in the water (it is a mermaid with ruffles at the bottom), but I realized it will be more special if it is THE dress.  Let me say that I am not that sentimental - I know I will not wear the dress again so it is more important to have great pictures of it.  I also have to say that budget was a factor.  I could have easily bought a knock-off and the fiance would never have known the difference in the finances, but I think it would have caused a problem when he saw the second dress and considered it wasteful.  So in an effort to save money and keep the peace, I chose NOT to buy a 2nd dress for the TTD.

#14 jszy10

jszy10
        • 1,192 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:27 AM

I'm actually buying this knock-off for $100...there are a few good reviews for this exact dress from happy clients..

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item2c55a7cfef

#15 jk1101

jk1101
          • 2,582 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:16 AM

I trashed my real dress.  I loved it so much that I couldn't imagine buying another one, and I knew I was never wearing it again.  The great thing was that after getting so dirty from the wedding, the ocean CLEANED my dress, and I actually wore it a third time for my AHR, without even having to dry clean it. It's still in pretty good condition too!

#16 BrideMichele

BrideMichele
            • 247 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:32 AM

I am trashing my wedding dress. Even though I LOVE LOVE LOVE my dress, I will never wear it again so what am I going to do with it? A friend of mine was married in DR and said her dress come out perfectly clean after the TTD session (she stepped into the pool to wash the sand off herself - which is probably what washed the dress clean).

So the odds are that I will still have a clean dress after the TTD session but if I don't, I don't care. I want my TTD photos to be me wearing the original dress (because I love it so much). But hey, that's my preference. :)

#17 Kendall

Kendall
              • 234 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:09 AM

Good to know!  I'm not getting 2 dresses - figured if it ruined mine, so be it - but knowing it MAY be okay is good enough for me! :)  Thanks, ladies!

#18 fallfromgrace

fallfromgrace
                • 200 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:32 AM

ok, so this is a discussion that I had with another bride. 

This is the dress I got for my TTD.  It is sooooooooooooooooo amazing!  I am in love with it.

TTD DRESS

And it is less than 30.00.

#19 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
                  • 1,252 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 06:02 AM

we too are doing a TTD session, and I am going with a different dress than my actual dress. For all you brides out there not knowing were to get the second dress, I got mine at Davids Bridal, and it was a great price!

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#20 JayKay

JayKay
                    • 3,472 posts
                    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:52 AM

I'm trying to find a TTD dress and I will have to check Davids Bridal out, thanks so much!

Originally Posted by canadiangirl 

we too are doing a TTD session, and I am going with a different dress than my actual dress. For all you brides out there not knowing were to get the second dress, I got mine at Davids Bridal, and it was a great price!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users