Photo

Trash the Dress

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 DWBride615

DWBride615
  • 852 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:22 AM

Okay, so I see that a lot of ladies are trashing their dresses for photo shoots. I have one question for all of you. I've been hearing ladies doing one or the other, so I'm interested in knowing what you did or plan on doing for your wedding. Anyway, here's the question:

Are you buying a cheaper dress specifically for the TTD session in addition to buying your actual wedding dress OR are you trashing the actual ceremony dress?

Personally, I love the TTD pictures that have been posted, but I don't think I could trash something that took me forever to find THE ONE...and costing a pretty penny at that.

Your answer/input, ladies?
    *~*Chelsea & Eric*~* {{New wedding Date...Same Growing Love}} October 13, 2012 (Rome, Italy)

#2 wendyjd

wendyjd
    • 968 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 10:25 AM

try checking out this thread. you can search a forum for quick answers to your questions.

http://bestdestinati....ns-here-41334/

#3 DWBride615

DWBride615
      • 852 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 10:46 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by wendyjd
        try checking out this thread. you can search a forum for quick answers to your questions.

http://bestdestinati....ns-here-41334/

Oh, thanks!

I made a search before I posted, but nothing popped up. =/

I'll take a look at that thread.
        *~*Chelsea & Eric*~* {{New wedding Date...Same Growing Love}} October 13, 2012 (Rome, Italy)

#4 jackie_c

jackie_c
        • 431 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:09 PM

This wouldn't come up during your regular search so don't feel bad, but this thread has tons of ladies who got knock-off dresses for their TTD's. Some used them for their actual dresses too. I'm going to use my actual dress for my TTD but I'm not partial to sentimentality and don't mind dunking my dress in the ocean!

http://bestdestinati....ts-here-36700/

#5 DWBride615

DWBride615
          • 852 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:17 PM

Thanks Jackie! That forum is really helpful =]

#6 jenniferkuhr

jenniferkuhr
            • 162 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:27 PM

Ooooohhhh!  What a great idea!  You mean I can search for ANOTHER dress?  How fun!  Now I'm thinking about searching EBAY or Craigslist for a cheap dress.  Is that cheating?  It does seem VERY wasteful to trash something that cost tons of money...

#7 DWBride615

DWBride615
              • 852 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:39 PM

haha I say you should go for it, Jennifer =]

I've decided a cheaper dress for the TTD session... don't know where yet though. Like I said, I don't think I could trash THE dress lol

Plus, I'm an absolute shopping freak lol So, if I have another chance to shop for another dress, I'm taking it!

#8 Tissey

Tissey
                • 172 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:33 PM

I got a cheaper one for my TTD.  I don't think I can handle ruining my actual wedding dress.  Plus my dress has a mermaid skirt and I don't think it would work well for a TTD shoot.  So I got a cheaper more flowy dress for that.

#9 Ayslinn

Ayslinn
                  • 200 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:01 PM

I do believe that when it's my turn I will be trashing THE dress.... if I took so long to find THE one I love, I damn well want all my pictures in it!!! And especially after reading so many reviews that say trashing the dress does not actually TRASH the dress (the ocean cleans it, take a shower in your dress, get it cleaned after and it's fine, etc etc...)... I have no problem with doing it.

#10 jszy10

jszy10
                    • 1,192 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:14 AM

I am actually buying a bridesmaid dress in white to use for TTD...bridesmaid dresses are much cheaper than bridal gowns!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users