Sign in to follow this  

Is the TTD supposed to look similar to the ceremony dress or are people going for a completely different look?  Mine is large and ruffly and might not work out so well in the water.

I'm also planning on doing TTD pictures on the day after the wedding and using a second dress for this shoot. I have THE dress, but haven't found the second one yet...

I'd like to go for something flowy as well... anyone know where I can get cheap dress?  

I was originally going to order a knock-off for the TTD, but decided to just wear my ceremony dress.  At first I was thinking that it wouldn't look that good in the water (it is a mermaid with ruffles at the bottom), but I realized it will be more special if it is THE dress.  Let me say that I am not that sentimental - I know I will not wear the dress again so it is more important to have great pictures of it.  I also have to say that budget was a factor.  I could have easily bought a knock-off and the fiance would never have known the difference in the finances, but I think it would have caused a problem when he saw the second dress and considered it wasteful.  So in an effort to save money and keep the peace, I chose NOT to buy a 2nd dress for the TTD.

I trashed my real dress.  I loved it so much that I couldn't imagine buying another one, and I knew I was never wearing it again.  The great thing was that after getting so dirty from the wedding, the ocean CLEANED my dress, and I actually wore it a third time for my AHR, without even having to dry clean it. It's still in pretty good condition too!

I am trashing my wedding dress. Even though I LOVE LOVE LOVE my dress, I will never wear it again so what am I going to do with it? A friend of mine was married in DR and said her dress come out perfectly clean after the TTD session (she stepped into the pool to wash the sand off herself - which is probably what washed the dress clean).

So the odds are that I will still have a clean dress after the TTD session but if I don't, I don't care. I want my TTD photos to be me wearing the original dress (because I love it so much). But hey, that's my preference. :)

Good to know!  I'm not getting 2 dresses - figured if it ruined mine, so be it - but knowing it MAY be okay is good enough for me! :)  Thanks, ladies!

we too are doing a TTD session, and I am going with a different dress than my actual dress. For all you brides out there not knowing were to get the second dress, I got mine at Davids Bridal, and it was a great price!

I'm trying to find a TTD dress and I will have to check Davids Bridal out, thanks so much!

Originally Posted by canadiangirl View Post

we too are doing a TTD session, and I am going with a different dress than my actual dress. For all you brides out there not knowing were to get the second dress, I got mine at Davids Bridal, and it was a great price!