TTD Makeup?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 lyndsay_h

• 218 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:24 PM

Has anyone done a Trash The Dress session and know what makeup definitely stays put? I tested out my "waterproof" liquid liner last weekend at the cottage and it was anything but...though my mascara STILL wont come off... I'm looking for eyeliner and shadow that wont run & lipstick that stays on even after a jump in the ocean. Thanks girls!

#2 jk1101

• 2,582 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:30 AM

I bought Sephora liquid waterproof eyeliner and mascara and it stayed on, didn't run. Eyeshadow was Chanel -not waterproof but it wasn't all over my face. there was no way I was being photographed with no makeup on!

#3 hockeymom97

• 2,458 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:33 AM

I think a lot of other brides, including myself would love feedback on this question. I know I've seen a lot of TTD photos where the brides have minimal make up on, if any, but I think I would just look washed out, so would def like to be able to wear at least a little makeup for TTD.
        Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

#4 TheFutureWagners

• Banned
        • 2,710 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:36 AM

Yeah I am going to NEED makeup. I use maybelline waterproof mascara and that works well but I am going to need some heavy duty staying power.

#5 debbmach

• 1,457 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:20 PM

I didn't even think about this problem...definitely something I need help with!

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#6 Lindobride14

• 279 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:28 PM

Urban decay has a fantastic lipliner called Naked (and I hate lipliner). It's very natural, but gives your lips a nice color and lasts forever.

I put a gloss on top (Neutrogena moisturizing is a fav, so you don't get the dreaded white line when your lips dry out)

For mascara I like Loreal telescopic best. I havent tried the waterproof but even the regular formula has great staying power IMO.

#7 lisa203

• 681 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:44 PM

I'm glad you asked this because I haven't even thought about it. Looks like waterproof makeup is another thing going on my "to buy" list, haha.

#8 cindyshininger

• 37 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:49 PM

Sephora waterproof eyeliner is the one recommended in one of my magazines as the "best".

#9 ~Angela~

• 4,172 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:11 PM

I bought Makeup Forever HD foundation and the eyeliner as well, from Sephora. I tested them both out at my bachelorette party, which was on a boat. So not only was I hot and sweating all day, but I also went swimming in the freezing cold water for about 20 minutes. It stayed on extremely well! It is expensive, but I'd say worth it.

#10 richarsd

• 331 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:58 PM

I use Rimmel waterproof mascara - in fact I wore it in Cuba swimming in the ocean this past spring and it did not come off in the water BUT comes off easily with my eye make-up remover in evening AND reasonably priced.
                      For eye liner, if you want something that will definitely not run, try GOSH liquid eyeliner in any of the colours...but beware - it's a b*#@h to get off later, even with remover. Available at Shoppers Drug Mart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users