715 replies to this topic

#491 ANGELA2013

ANGELA2013
  • 312 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:26 AM

Congrats!!! Have you been there before?

Originally Posted by tesharae 

@ANGELA2013

I'm also getting married at The Barcelo in February 2013! Haven't picked an exact date yet though :)

#492 ANGELA2013

ANGELA2013
    • 312 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:29 AM

Hi

Where are you from? I find that the list feels unending and I am glade we choose Feb of next year apposed to this year. Good luck and have fun :)

Originally Posted by tunaandocean 

HI all! I'm also a newbie here. Still have a lot of things to figure out, from the dress to the invitations, air schedules, guests, 

I think it will be one of the most busiest time of my life, but I will see. 

Hope you all have a great journey! 

#493 tesharae

tesharae
      • 17 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:07 AM

No we haven't been to the Barcelo, but have heard only great things about it. We did go to the Grand Sirenis a couple years back which is a gorgeous resort. We were going back and forth between the two for a while.

#494 HeatherK

HeatherK
        • 24 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:37 AM

Hi! I am in the midst of the beginning stages of planning a wedding for the end of Dec 2012 in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. We'd really like to book our wedding at Las Caletas (just waiting to finalize the deposit & date). This website has been a life saver and I've been getting some great ideas. Getting away in December will be great (currently living in Calgary, AB)....originally from N.B. but have been here for 4 years now. 

I am just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the Palladium in Puerto Vallarta. I read that they've recently done a bunch of renos...just wondering if anyone has been there and has any thoughts. My parents stayed there last year and really enjoyed it, however they really haven't done much traveling so they don't have much to compare it to :)

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated!

Heather

#495 Peach

Peach
          • 1,293 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:06 PM

We were there last summer. It is actually where we got engaged. We loved it and really want to go back! Of course, this was before all the renovations were done, so I am not sure what it is like now. 

It is not super fancy, but it really depends on what you are looking for. It has good prices, and is nice. If you are looking for really high class, this wasn't at least not then. Maybe it is different now? HOWEVER.... we would go back in a heartbeat. Everyone was really nice, we had a wonderful time, good food, and the price was great.

So, it really depends on what you are looking for. Try checking out palladiumaddict.com. It is a forum, and might be able to give you a better idea of the place specifically and more recently.

Originally Posted by HeatherK 

Hi! I am in the midst of the beginning stages of planning a wedding for the end of Dec 2012 in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. We'd really like to book our wedding at Las Caletas (just waiting to finalize the deposit & date). This website has been a life saver and I've been getting some great ideas. Getting away in December will be great (currently living in Calgary, AB)....originally from N.B. but have been here for 4 years now. 

I am just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the Palladium in Puerto Vallarta. I read that they've recently done a bunch of renos...just wondering if anyone has been there and has any thoughts. My parents stayed there last year and really enjoyed it, however they really haven't done much traveling so they don't have much to compare it to :)

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated!

Heather

#496 mrsbruff2b

mrsbruff2b
            • 385 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:26 PM

I'm a Toronto gal planning a DW in Cancun!

Married: 20/06/12 - Our 11 year anniversary~

Wedding @: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

Honeymoon @: Le Blanc Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

#497 sazocar

sazocar
              • 14 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:13 AM

I'm a newbie from Edmonton, AB my fiance and I are also planning our wedding at the Barcelo Maya Palace for Feb 2013.

#498 ANGELA2013

ANGELA2013
                • 312 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by sazocar 

I'm a newbie from Edmonton, AB my fiance and I are also planning our wedding at the Barcelo Maya Palace for Feb 2013.

Hi

Congrats, I am getting married at the palace in Feb 2013 too!!! Have you set a date?

#499 sazocar

sazocar
                  • 14 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:56 AM

Thank you!! Congratulations to you also! We have set our date, it's  going to be on February 20th. Have you set your date?

#500 katiemac

katiemac
                    • 24 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:24 AM

We are newbies from Toronto.  Our wedding is booked for March 2013 in the Mayan Riviera.  I cannot figure out the wording for our save the date cards.  I am including our wedding website for sure, but should I ask people to RSVP online as well?  I am planning to do formal invites, but I wouldn't mind getting an idea of how many people might be coming! Any examples of STD wording so far?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users