Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
4882 replies to this topic

#1301 BagLover21

BagLover21
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:37 PM

By the way, our wedding is one month from today. Can't believe the time went by so fast!
    http://i732.photobuc..../Picture21.png

Born: Jasmin Mia Allen on November 21, 1979
    Married: Jasmin Mia Hodge on August 7, 2010
    El Dorado Royale ResortRiviera Maya, Mexico
    www.mywedding.com/jasminanddarius2010

#1302 rpingree001

rpingree001
    • 264 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:50 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by laurenvuitton
      We have not had an issues with that thankfully - our rates are really good! Who is your agent?? We went through destinationweddings.com
      I'm using destinationweddings.com as well. I have had some discussions regarding a re-price of the whole group. I went to the website last night and checked on rates and they have indeed gone down since I last priced it a month ago. No one wants to pay more than they have to (including me) but when part of the appeal was discounted rates for a large group booking - you kind of expect them to follow through. We'll see how it turns out and if they modify the pricing.

Congrats on the dress fitting! That's exciting! And I'm sure - an eye opener on what areas to work on! :-)

#1303 laurenvuitton

laurenvuitton
      • 283 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:09 PM

Ok we had the pricing issue a few times when we were at Paradisus previously... tell your agent to get moving on it!! Our rates went down twice! Although, you do have some time since your wedding is in January... so you might just want to wait a few more months and get the reduced rate then. Been there, done that!

#1304 laurenvuitton

laurenvuitton
        • 283 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:15 PM

Jasmin - one month... AHHH!! I am freaking with four months left!!! Time is def. flying :)

#1305 BagLover21

BagLover21
          • 74 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:30 PM

laurenvuitton - it is insane how fast the time went by. i joined this forum right after we got engaged. it's been so amazing sharing the process with all of you.
            http://i732.photobuc..../Picture21.png

Born: Jasmin Mia Allen on November 21, 1979
            Married: Jasmin Mia Hodge on August 7, 2010
            El Dorado Royale ResortRiviera Maya, Mexico
            www.mywedding.com/jasminanddarius2010

#1306 Laur13

Laur13
            • 179 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:53 PM

Ladies I leave in 3 days for EDR!!!! I can't believe how fast it went! I just finished packing and I fit all of the wedding stuff we are bringing down into 2 suitcases! A lot cheaper than shipping it down ahead of time...only $50 dollars :) What is everyone putting in their welcome bags? I have some things already but it looks like they need a bit more in them...so I guess I'll grab some stuff down there :) Let me know what you are doing!!!

#1307 rpingree001

rpingree001
              • 264 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:17 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Laur13
                Ladies I leave in 3 days for EDR!!!! I can't believe how fast it went! I just finished packing and I fit all of the wedding stuff we are bringing down into 2 suitcases! A lot cheaper than shipping it down ahead of time...only $50 dollars :) What is everyone putting in their welcome bags? I have some things already but it looks like they need a bit more in them...so I guess I'll grab some stuff down there :) Let me know what you are doing!!!
                Congrats and good luck! Can't wait to hear how everything goes and see your pics!!

#1308 punkie569

punkie569
                • 255 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 03:17 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Laur13
                  OMG I'm sooooo excited for you! I actually started packing up my OOT bag suitcase on the weekend just to see if I had enough room. We've done all the basics that everyone else put into their bags. Just need to get some gum, snacks and the Advils and we are done. And it all fit into the 2 suitcases I bought other than the steins but those can go into another bag no problem. I'm sure you'll be able to find some things down there to fill up your bags if you need to. Good luck and have a great trip and a wonderful wedding. Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!
                  Two lives, two hearts joined together in friendship united forever in love

#1309 maromabride

maromabride
                  • 27 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:43 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by rpingree001
                    I'm using destinationweddings.com as well. I have had some discussions regarding a re-price of the whole group. I went to the website last night and checked on rates and they have indeed gone down since I last priced it a month ago. No one wants to pay more than they have to (including me) but when part of the appeal was discounted rates for a large group booking - you kind of expect them to follow through. We'll see how it turns out and if they modify the pricing.

Congrats on the dress fitting! That's exciting! And I'm sure - an eye opener on what areas to work on! :-)

Do you know who DW books the rooms through? For example, funjet vacations.
                    Just curious.

#1310 laurenvuitton

laurenvuitton
                    • 283 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:01 AM

Hi Maraoma - they have their own connections directly with Karisma - it has worked out really well for us thurs far :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users