El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

Was it hard not having an MC? I would want to ask a family member but I don't want it to consume their entire night. Does the dj control the flow of the night or was it the MC? Or did the MC just announce the bride and groom then speeches?

Hi @@KimberlyD,

I noticed no one has responded yet, so though it may be late, hopefully it will still be helpful!

We had an uncle act as MC and only remembered to ask him 2 days before hand. Oops! But it worked perfectly. All he did was grab the mic from the DJs at the beginning to introduce us, the dances, handed it off to the best man and maid of honor for the speeches, and announced when to go grab food. The ONLY issue was when the music for our first dance started before I had fixed my bustle. But they just restarted it and we were good to go! Our MC didn't mind at all and I don't think it inhibited his ability to enjoy the night a bit. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello ladies,

Congrats to all of you who serviced planning a destination wedding !!! lol

im looking for some advice from past brides. Our wedding will be august 31st 2018

we chose to have our ceremony at the pier, our cocktail hour on the beach and the reception at the palapa next to the pier.

I have questions regarding bringing my own photographer, did anyone book one the provided vendors thru lomas travel? if so did you like your experience and their quality of work? also how much photo and video coverage time would you recommend ? 

@@slrivas18

Hello!

I got married last year on the pier as well and loved it. The only downside was that they were not able to take down the shades on the side of the pier. I have attached some pictures of from the ceremony. I am not a huge sand person so I didn't like the idea of standing in it the whole ceremony. The pier is big enough to have your wedding at the end and then the cocktail hour at the other end, but still close enough to the beach to go take pictures. I am not much help on the photographer. I brought mine from home and felt it was completely worth it. The pictures are the longest lasting thing from the wedding!

Good Luck Planning!

wedding Pic

dark wedding Pic

dark wedding Pic

wedding Pic 2

@@slrivas18

For decorations I hired an external vendor for decorations and tried to sneak it in, but got caught. That wasn't a good start to my wedding day when they walked in with screen shots from Facebook, but I guess I knew it was a possibility I would get caught. I also used an outside vendor for my flowers and they only charged my an extra $500 to set it up and outside vendor fee. In hindsight I would have done the same again cause my flowers were a lot cheaper and so were the decorations even with the extra $500. I did use their DJ and he was great. I sent them a list of songs for dinner and then dancing and it was perfect. We had a lot of local Texas songs on the list and they had them all the night of the wedding. I didn't realize when I ordered it, but the DJ package came with balloons and glow sticks which was a lot of fun. I did a sit down three course meal and it was excellent. We had the reception I think at Tuacanas pavilion and they cooked the steak and tuna right there in front of everyone and it all tasted excellent. I also got my hair done at the salon there and I thought it turned out good. I was too scared to hire the makeup though. I think the only other vendor we used was we had Mariachis at the reception.

• 10 months later...

Hello Everyone! 

It looks like no one has posted on here in a while but I am getting married at El Dorado Royale in May 2019.  I am wondering if anyone has used a live band during their reception? I wasnt crazy about the one pop band on the lomas website.  

Also what is everyone doing for flowers? The flowers through the hotel seem expensive so im trying to figure out if it will be worth it to pay the 800 vendor fee for an outside florist, in addition to the hassle of researching a florist. 

Any input would be appreciated! 

Tara 

• 8 months later...

Hello! 

We are getting married at El Dorado Royale in August 2019.  We are trying to decide between La Salon Royale and Los Tucanes for the reception. I vastly prefer Tucanes but I’m worried everyone will be hot and miserable since I’ve been told it doesn’t have AC. Does anyone have experience with either location?

If Tucanes, is there a way to get fans or cool it down? If La Salon, I’d love tips on how to decorate inexpensively so that it doesn’t look so “ballroom”-y. Thank you very much! 

• 11 months later...