Photo

Program or No Program?

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 jcruzin76

jcruzin76
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:33 PM

I am soo confused!! My wedding is in 3 1/2 weeks and I'm not sure if I want to create Programs or not. Are they really needed? I know the resort provides me with an itinerary for that day, isnt this enough? I'm afraid I will be spending all this time and money on creating them and it will be for nothing. Especially, with being a destination wedding, the guests will more than likely end up throwing them away or losing them. So, is it really worth it? Please help!
    Jen & Len
    May 8th, 2010
    Montego Bay, Jamaica

http://i281.photobuc....855542_3-1.jpg

#2 Thomasjsgirl

Thomasjsgirl
    • 1,098 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:48 PM

They're not absolutely necessary, but they are nice keepsake. I created a simple one in Word and printed them off on good paper at home, so they cost practically nothing. Mine was also quite basic - I identified who was in the wedding party, the parents, the list of events (intro, vows, etc. etc), and the back page was a memorial to my late father and DH's late brother. If you'd like, I can send you the template when I get home tonight.
      Lucy & Tom - Married 24.11.08
      Wedding Review - Dreams PC:
      http://bestdestinati....24-08-a-35102/
      Leftover Wedding Items FS:
      http://bestdestinati....g-stuff-56124/

#3 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 12,193 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:59 PM

I didn't have a program either b/c I didn't think it was necessary. At the same time, I do agree that if you want to make one yourself, you could probably do it fairly easily if you have the time. If not, I wouldn't worry about it.

#4 Loveisintheair

Loveisintheair
        • 344 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:23 PM

I ran out of time and did not make a prgram. No one even noticed or at least no asked about one.

#5 azulskies

azulskies
          • 1,131 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:23 PM

Like the other posters said, they're definitely not necessary but I think if you have the time, they're nice. I've already designed mine and once the wedding get's closer, I'm going to print them. I just think it's a nice memento..I wanted to include an "In Remembrance" section for those that we've lost and a thank you section for our parents and our guests.

#6 tracy0716

tracy0716
            • 431 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:40 PM

We're not doing a program- it's a small group and everyone knows who everyone is. I figured I'll be going crazy with other details that I didn't want to add program to my plate. Your wedding will be here before you even know!! Good luck and I hope you have a beautiful wedding!

#7 MDLady

MDLady
              • 433 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:01 PM

My wedding is in 6 weeks and I realized that I didn't have a program prepared. I made mine in Word and it actually came out really nice. I will print it on heavier paper, put a single hole punch at the top-left corner and tie it with a little bow. I didn't feel like spending yet another $150 on something that took me maybe 2 hours to create. Will take more time to print/assemble obviously but still.

I have 6 pages:
                - Cover w/ our names, wedding date, and location
                - Ceremony Program
                - Bridal Party
                - Wedding Traditions (we are doing a traditional Jewish wedding so for this is just FYI for non-jewish guests) - 2 pages
                - Thank You (thanking our parents, guests, and also a tribute to our grandparents who have passed).

It came out really nice if I must say so myself But then again the ceremonies are pretty self-explanatory hehe.

#8 NaM

NaM
                • 2,256 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:28 PM

I made programs on the night before we left and honestly wish I would've saved myself the time and trouble. I know a few people (i.e. mom, grandma) kept them as keepsakes but I don't think anyone read them really and they weren't important to me.
                  Up to you...if you really don't want to hassle with making them, I don't think anyone is really goin to mind. On the other hand, I'm sure if you do make them they will be appreciated.

#9 ask9999

ask9999
                  • 82 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:35 PM

I ran out of time and didn't have a program. No one noticed and I don't regret not havign one.

#10 Thomasjsgirl

Thomasjsgirl
                    • 1,098 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:35 PM

If anybody's interested in doing a no frills program, here is a picture of mine as well as the template:

Click the image to open in full size.

Attached Files

Lucy & Tom - Married 24.11.08
                      Wedding Review - Dreams PC:
                      http://bestdestinati....24-08-a-35102/
                      Leftover Wedding Items FS:
                      http://bestdestinati....g-stuff-56124/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users