October Bride - Riviera Maya

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 RM Bride

RM Bride
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:08 PM

I am getting married in the Riviera Maya at the Grand Velas this October. As I have absolutely no time to do much planning, I am hoping to get some good ideas here that will make my planning smoother.

While I have picked the resort, I still need to find a good Photographer, DJ and locations for off site activies (including cocktail board ride, rehersal dinner in Playa del Carmen, and day after brunch in Playa del Carmen).

Would love to get other ideas for activies as many of my guests will not be staying in the Grand Velas (too expensive) and I still want us to be able to do things together. I have already added a trip to the ruins.

Thanks so much!
    Riviera Maya Bride

#2 *Nadine*

• 5,466 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:29 PM

Welcome to the forum! Take a look around, esp in the Mexico/Riviera Maya threads. You will find all the help you need! Don't hesitate to ask other brides questions :) Good luck!

#3 Snickers

• 193 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:35 PM

Congrats and happy speedy planning!

#4 Mischaka

• 969 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:42 PM

Welcome and congrats!!! I personally don't know much about that resort but i'm sure there are threads around that could give you the info you need. and i'm sure once you start looking around you'll find even more info than you thought you would need. lol

good luck and happy planning!!!

#5 GVphotographer

• 2,664 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
          • Wedding Location:Puerto Los CAbos

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:22 PM

Welcome to this great forum, here you´ll find the information you are looking for. Congratulations on your wedding!!

#6 Scorpio30

• 87 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:15 PM

Welcome and congrats! I'm an Oct bride too. Getting married in Cancun!

#7 mnh1983

• 743 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:17 PM

Congratulations! You'll find tons of info on your location here!

#8 Jackie22

• 336 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:07 PM

You will find great information on this forum. Just search what you are looking for. I'm also getting married in the riviera maya and I'm using Del Sol as my photographer, I have heard amazing things about them and their works looks awesome. Good Luck Planning!

#9 J&E2011

• 45 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:19 PM

So great to finally find a bride planning a wedding at the Grand Velas! Maybe we can help each other?! I'm very familiar with Playa... and would love feedback on the Grand Velas since I'm hoping to have my wedding there next year.
                  For the rehersal dinner, I can suggest a few places but it really depends on how many guests you have. Let's see, Mosquito Blue is my favorite (best drinks!). Mosquito Beach would be a fun place for brunch after the wedding too. My best friend lived in Playa for 2 months, and she really liked 'La cueva del Chango' restaurant, she loved the food and decor inside the restaurant. Hope this helps a bit!

#10 vlynnw

• 6,003 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:45 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum! You'll find a lot of info for all of the things you need on this forum throughout different threads.
                    Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users