Jump to content

Photo

Weight Loss support for 2011 brides!!


  • Please log in to reply
1041 replies to this topic

#701 sxcT

sxcT
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,282 posts

    Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:23 AM

    DO NOT DO THIS!!!
     

    Originally Posted by NikkiT1021 

    I'm starting the "Special K Challenge" on Wednesday.  The program claims to have you lose 15 lbs in 2 weeks but I am not expecting those results.  I'm hoping to lose 5 and get in a better eating routine. We'll see how it goes!

     

    Has anyone else tried this??



     



    #702 Nan

    Nan
    • Member
    • 599 posts

      Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:21 AM



      Originally Posted by Cherazi 

      I am very frustrated today. I ate like a normal person for 5 days and I have gained 4 lbs! This is ridiculous! 

       

      I wish I could just be fat and happy.

      Azadeh! Don´t say you would rather be fat and happy! You will be fantastic on your wedding day...just keep trying! A little effort every day goes a long way! Check your food intake and your calorie burning!! 
       

       


      Nan and Erik forever!!!

      #703 Nan

      Nan
      • Member
      • 599 posts

        Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:22 AM



        Originally Posted by sxcT 

        DO NOT DO THIS!!!
         



         



        I agree! little by little goes a long way! watch your food and exercise! There´s no secret to it!!


        Nan and Erik forever!!!

        #704 tori124

        tori124
        • Newbie
        • 1 posts

          Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:58 AM

          I am also trying to lose about 15lbs before my December 2011 wedding...I cut white carbs/flour and all unnatural sugar (sugar not found in fruit and veggies) out of my diet. I have done this before and easily lost weight! It's just sticking to it that is so difficult as I am a glutton for all things sugary. Any other advice for exercising I'd love to hear!

           

          Tori



          #705 SeeFlowers

          SeeFlowers
          • Jr. Member
          • 212 posts

            Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:20 PM

            I need to lose 5-10 more pounds by the end of next month :(  I was doing REALLY well until I had a REALLY crappy dress fitting. I looked like i was fricking prego. The bad thing is that I lost 10lbs already so in my mind I was looking goooood. My thoughts were crushed at the fitting.


            Riu Palace Riviera Maya- April 29,2011

            #706 NikkiT1021

            NikkiT1021
            • Jr. Member
            • 210 posts

              Posted 09 March 2011 - 12:47 AM


              So I re- looked into this and I was mistaken... It's 6lbs in 2 weeks which is MUCH more reasonable!!  (I have no idea how the heck I came up with 15lbs- maybe I had that number set in my head.)   It makes more sense now



              Quote:
              Originally Posted by NikkiT1021 

              I'm starting the "Special K Challenge" on Wednesday.  The program claims to have you lose 15 lbs in 2 weeks but I am not expecting those results.  I'm hoping to lose 5 and get in a better eating routine. We'll see how it goes!

               

              Has anyone else tried this??



              That claim sounds a little unreasonable, not to mention unhealthy. Since a pound of fat is 3500 calories, that would mean that by eating their diet you're burning 3750 more per day than you are consuming. I think your goal of five pounds is much more reasonable, only burning 1250 more calories per day than you're consuming. Have you done any calculations for you BMR which tells you how many calories you burn per day just based on your height, weight, and typical daily activities? There are a lot of online calculators for that.


               



              #707 NEMMERZ

              NEMMERZ
              • Jr. Member
              • 195 posts

                Posted 09 March 2011 - 06:16 AM

                I can understand your frustration with gaining weight and the scale.

                 

                No matter what all of us say sometimes iT just........."SUX"".....SOMETIMES...

                 

                BUT we all know we have these days..........and they will pass!!  But its OK to feel like that knowing that tomorrow is another day and you wont always feel like that!!

                 

                 

                 

                 



                #708 Cherazi

                Cherazi
                • Jr. Member
                • 196 posts

                  Posted 09 March 2011 - 06:53 AM

                  Thank you for the kind words. You are right, today is a new day.

                   

                  This morning my FI looked at me and mentioned that I look fit and my workouts are making a difference :) 

                  Best motivation ever!

                   

                  Originally Posted by NEMMERZ 

                  I can understand your frustration with gaining weight and the scale.

                   

                  No matter what all of us say sometimes iT just........."SUX"".....SOMETIMES...

                   

                  BUT we all know we have these days..........and they will pass!!  But its OK to feel like that knowing that tomorrow is another day and you wont always feel like that!!

                   

                   

                   

                   



                   



                  #709 TLGnhci

                  TLGnhci
                  • Member
                  • 899 posts

                    Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:47 AM


                    Awe, that's awesome!!  It's always great when people notice the changes.  It's sometimes hard for us to see them ourselves since we look at ourselves each and every day!

                    Originally Posted by Cherazi 

                    Thank you for the kind words. You are right, today is a new day.

                     

                    This morning my FI looked at me and mentioned that I look fit and my workouts are making a difference :) 

                    Best motivation ever!

                     



                     



                     



                    #710 Janet1480

                    Janet1480
                    • Member
                    • 709 posts

                      Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:40 AM


                      great compliment and from the best person it could come from ;)
                       

                      Originally Posted by Cherazi 

                      Thank you for the kind words. You are right, today is a new day.

                       

                      This morning my FI looked at me and mentioned that I look fit and my workouts are making a difference :) 

                      Best motivation ever!

                       



                       



                       


                      Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana





                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users