Weight Loss support for 2011 brides!!

• Please log in to reply
1041 replies to this topic

#1 rus

rus
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 08:45 PM

Hi everyone,

I am fairly new to this forum but I did search and haven't seen any forums for those losing weight for their wedding in 2011!! Hope I am not wrong :)

My wedding is in May 0f 2011, and I would like to lose 75 pounds.....shocking.. I know!!

I know that once I am motivated to keep pushing, I can do it but it is soo hard to stay on track. I have fifteen months, and to stay healthy I should only focus on losing two pounds a week....so that is:

15 months X 4 wks = 62 wks X 2lbs. = 124 lbs ......SO it is possible but I just need to find a way to excercise every day! Being in school and stressing over exams, does not help!

Any ideas/plans/advice/motivation or people in a similar situation? Hope we can all help each other :)

-Rus
    Looking to share a great photographer for weekend of May 28th, 2011 in Puerto Vallarta.....PM if you're interested :-)

http://global.thekno...rs/tt61c97.aspx

#2 debbmach

debbmach
    • 1,457 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:52 AM

I want to lose weight for my wedding too, but it's hard I want to lose 15 pounds. I just started going back to the gym a couple of weeks ago. We'll see how it goes. I'm trying to lose it before the summer, seems possible but I have a hard time losing weight!
      http://dwdf.daisypath.com/v0lqm5.png

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#3 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
      • 2,233 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:26 AM

Oh count me in. I need to lose about 60lbs for my July 2011 wedding. Went dress shopping and was depressed, so I have no intention of going anywhere near a dress shop till late fall. I am going to be going back to the gym. I need alot of motivation to stay focused.

Maybe if we try to post daily we can be encouraging
        July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#4 AlexsBride

AlexsBride
        • 401 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 01:47 PM

Count me in too! I can't do much right now, am 20 weeks pregnant. The doctor has advised me to follow the breastfeeing guidelines for Weight Watchers and work out as I would like. Baby is due in July and I have seven months after that to lose the flab and look good in my dress!
          Mom to two beautiful girls, Izzy and Delilah and about to marry their Daddy! :)

#5 heidilynn28

heidilynn28
          • 111 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:11 PM

Ohh good idea to start this thread! :)
            I am planning a June 2011 wedding and want to lose a chunk of weight before Sept/Oct for dress shopping (not going near before then!).
            I'd like to lose 40 pounds before dress shopping.. it's a lot.. but I have to try.
            Second day straight to the gym.. going tomorrow and have an aerobics on Monday.. I just have to kick myself and get there, cuz that's the hardest part.

#6 Oryx

Oryx
            • 727 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:14 PM

I'm with you girls! I want to lose 30-35 lbs before my February 2011 wedding. But, like many of you, don't want to see a dress shop before losing a good chunk of that.

#7 tiffanyan02

tiffanyan02
              • 123 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:18 PM

Awesome thread! I am a May 2011 bride and also would LOVE to drop some weight. The sad part is I would also like to not GAIN weight! I'm a total stress eater and could see that happening if I'm not careful. It would be great to have a place to discuss our success and struggles!

#8 CJHANNAN2011

CJHANNAN2011
                • 36 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:23 PM

I am in the same situation. I am a nursing student full time plus clinical rotations and daily exams, I am under so much stress and eating out of vending machines and living on coffee and soda! I am getting married in April 2011, I want to lose 30 pounds before then but I have no gym membership and no time to exercise. I don't know how i'm going to do this. But would love if we could help each other!

#9 SonyaR

SonyaR
                  • 299 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 03:01 PM

I too would like to lose at least 40 pounds before my March 2011 wedding. Since January 1st I've lost 7 but seem to be losing my motivation already. This has always been a problem of mine. Did buy a treadmill so I have no excuse to not be walking at night while I'm in front of the TV. I want to try dresses in September at the Wedding Show.

#10 Tifany

Tifany
                    • 248 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 03:39 PM

This is a great idea. I'm getting married next March and would like to lose 20lbs before then. I've been a total stress eater since becoming engaged. I got a dress not long after and it came in a few weeks ago. I can tell you right now that it will not fit! I gained 15lbs just being CRAZY. hahahaha But it's good to plan ahead and do a healthy, slow weight loss. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users