Help! Can't find bridesmaid dresses!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 kburger0329

kburger0329
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 05:53 AM

Hi everyone!

So I'm going crazy trying to find dresses for my girls! Thinking hot pink or coral something like that. Getting married onthe beach in DR, so I wanted something short and flowy yet still cute.
    Maybe a halter tight on top and light flowy material on bottom?

However since the girls are all paying to fly to the DR I wanted to find a really cheap dress, I hate having them spend a lot of money. Maybe off the rack at Macys, forever21 or victoria secret.

Please ANY HELP would be so appreciated I am so lost and can't find anything!!!

Thank you!!!!

#2 Dianna

Dianna
    • 358 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 09:56 AM

Hello! Have you tried Women?s Clothing & Shoes, Petite, Tall & Women's Sizes - Chadwick?s I have photographed many, many weddings where they have gotten dresses here. Long and formal or short and cute. Lots of bright colors,too! Good luck and happy planning :)

#3 EmmaGaussoin

EmmaGaussoin
      • 203 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:43 AM

I got these for my girls. They are cheap and super cute. I ended up getting a turquoise one for myself also! The owner of the store is really nice and makes sure you are happy and goes out of his way to make the dresses get to you fast if he knows it is for a wedding!
        New ELAN Convertible Jersey Pink Dress 8-way RL407: SML

#4 Tonir

Tonir
        • 283 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 01:11 PM

I am only having a MOH and I'm having that same problem too. It's more that she wants a certain style of dress that is flattering for her body type and we've had a hard time finding that. Really I think it's hard to find dresses that are not strapless.

I did like this dress from Macy's but I think she's not into the halter type.
          Nine West Dress, Sleeveless Cotton Necklace Halter - Party Dresses Dresses - Women's - Macy's

Also check out Ann Taylor and JCrew because they had some of their bridesmaid dresses on sale.

Do you have a specific color you want?
          This brown one is really tropical and flowy too
          INC International Concepts Dress, Printed Sleeveless with Beaded Keyhole Dress - Casual Dresses Dresses - Women's - Macy's

#5 mwcfarms

mwcfarms
          • 266 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 01:15 PM

Sears in canada has hot pink BM dresses in chiffon and jersey. Super flowy and I think 80 dollars. I bet Sears.com has them too.

#6 TLC4Rock

TLC4Rock
            • 473 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 01:22 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by EmmaGaussoin
              I got these for my girls. They are cheap and super cute. I ended up getting a turquoise one for myself also! The owner of the store is really nice and makes sure you are happy and goes out of his way to make the dresses get to you fast if he knows it is for a wedding!
              New ELAN Convertible Jersey Pink Dress 8-way RL407: SML
              This was an option I considered! Thanks for the link because I couldn't find it. Plus at $35 I was thinking of purchasing them for my bridesmaid. I agree don't want them to spend a lot of money when they are traveling; so I wanted to buy their dresses. -PLUS- I would rather they save their money to throw and AWESOME party! :-)

#7 bahiabride2010

bahiabride2010
              • 997 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 02:02 PM

We ended up going with J Crew dresses...the girls are chose their own styles but the Tea Rose colour is a really bright pink, not like the name says and not like it shows on the computer. Check them out...they got them on sale, each was $100.

J.Crew - Search

#8 amom

amom
                • 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 03:06 PM

Since you're in New York, why don't you try RK Bridal? They're near Penn Station. If your bridesmaids are also in New York, they can go there and find something they like. Then they can order through the no-frills program which discounts. Also, if you find the dress cheaper anywhere on-line, the store will beat the price by 5%. My daughter did this a few years ago and the dresses ended up costing $79.

#9 t1219

t1219
                  • 310 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 06:05 PM

I think this would be cute in the pink
                    Victoria's Secret - Printed beaded halter Bra Top dress

#10 midnight24

midnight24
                    • 754 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 08:36 PM

this is just my opinion but i bought one of those ELAN dresses for myself and i hate it. i am not very big busted, nor am i overweight but i do not find that dress flattering on me at all. if anything i would use it for a beach cover up, but not to wear for a wedding. they are very thin material and if you have girls of all different sizes (like any sort of weight around the middle) i don't think they will photograph well. but like i said that is just my experience.

what price point are you looking for? under $100 or less?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users