Photo

Etsy seller jdleggans for fake flowers!

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 KJT1985

KJT1985
  • 694 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:51 PM

I didn't want to pay the $300+ for real flowers that the resort was going to charge us so I started looking into "real touch" flower options. I came across a seller on etsy that had some beautiful bouquets for sale. I contacted her and we worked out a deal. I'm insanely please that I could get what I wanted within a reasonable price range. I paid $125 in total (plus $7 shipping). I recieved:
    - 3 bridesmaid bouquets
    - 4 bouts
    - 3 pin-on corsages

Her shop website is: Click the image to open in full size.
    Click the image to open in full size.

#2 vlynnw

vlynnw
    • 6,003 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:01 PM

Those look really great, I'm going to check her out for my own flowers!
      Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#3 roo66

roo66
      • 1,001 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:19 PM

Hi they are very pretty are they pulmaria?I have seen these flowers when we were looking at weddings in Hawaii.Can i make a suggestion without being rude, could you tie some ribbon around the stems with pearl pins.I think that it would make them really expensive looking. x

#4 vdaybride

vdaybride
        • 1,412 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:22 PM

These look great, thanks for sharing
          Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#5 KJT1985

KJT1985
          • 694 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:38 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by roo66
            Hi they are very pretty are they pulmaria?I have seen these flowers when we were looking at weddings in Hawaii.Can i make a suggestion without being rude, could you tie some ribbon around the stems with pearl pins.I think that it would make them really expensive looking. x
            Yes, they are plumeria (hilariously they are foam). There's already organza ribbon tied around the stems - its just a sage green so it sorta blends in too much. Not sure yet if i'll leave it or change it. I usually prefer satin to organza anyway (or some other solid ribbon).

#6 moonpalacebride

moonpalacebride
            • 202 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:44 PM

Very reasonable! I've been trying to find something similarly priced plumerias, but have had no luck at all . Most bouquet makers that I've found say that the plumerias are more expensive than any of the other real touch flowers for some reason! So you must be using what the resort provides for you then?

#7 KJT1985

KJT1985
              • 694 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 06:35 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by moonpalacebride
                Very reasonable! I've been trying to find something similarly priced plumerias, but have had no luck at all . Most bouquet makers that I've found say that the plumerias are more expensive than any of the other real touch flowers for some reason! So you must be using what the resort provides for you then?
                That's correct. I just can't justify spending tons and tons of money on flowers. My fiance said he didn't like fake flowers because they didn't look real. So we compromised (he was more than willing after I told him how much all the things we HAD to buy were going to cost). My bouquet and his bout are free. I'm going to see if I can at least request that they be "pink" to sorta match. But I don't mind being a little different - we're the bride and groom so its ok.

#8 Preciousmi811

Preciousmi811
                • 342 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 06:44 PM

Beautiful choice! I'll check the seller out thanks!
                  One Love

ClubHotel Riu Negril May 14 2010 wedding date. Anyone want to share a photographer? I am flying my photographer out regardless, if you want to split travel cost let me know!!!!

Password: 12345http://gs105.photobu....are_email_albuhttp://tickers.Ticke...m/ezt...b2f9...

#9 Geralyn

Geralyn
                  • 2,677 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:12 PM

Those look great! Love the colors...gotta love etsy!

#10 Pastryqueen_Tanya

Pastryqueen_Tanya
                    • 417 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 01:33 PM

Those are beautiful! Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users