Has Anyone NOT done a site visit??

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#11 vlynnw

• 6,003 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:55 PM

We're not planning on doing a site visit at all, it really isn't in our budget on top of everything else. I feel pretty confident that by doing enough research on the location you want and reading reviews and getting advice from other brides will be good enough. My FFIL and his fiance are going down in February though and they said they'll check the place out so I'm just hoping they take pictures for me! haha
    Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#12 nicitica

• 186 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:57 PM

I have not and do not plan to. :o) I have Faith it will be wonderful.
      Akumal, Mexico 05.29.10

#13 diamondpooch

• 546 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:42 PM

Meeee!!!! I have never been to my resort, but my in laws have and they had nothing but good things to say. I've been chatting about the wedding with some of my clients (I'm a barber) and many of them have been there too and they say it's amazing. I feel confident!

#14 sfrench0621

• 242 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:08 AM

I have already booked my DW without ever seeing the resort. I've heard so many great things I'm not really worried. My sister and I actually had a trip to Cancun booked for Jan 2010 before I got engaged, so when we go down on vacation we are going to check out the resort and meet with the WC.

#15 giraffexx

• 498 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:46 AM

I'm not planning on doing one. My finance just got a new job so he doesn't have a lot of vacation time. He needs to save most of it for the wedding and honeymoon. I agree with most of the brides on this thread that it will add a certain level of excitement to the wedding. This forum is extremely useful so is tripadvisor.com and travel agents. Good luck with your planning!

#16 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 8,569 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:50 AM

I didnt do one, I planned with the help of all the wonderful women on this site, My TA Tammy Host, and my great wedding coordinator.

Here is another thread on this topic:

#17 sarah310

• 172 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 02:33 PM

I'm not doing one either. I'll at the resort a week before the wedding so hopefully all the details can get planned then. and i'm keeping my fingers crossed the resort is as nice as the reviews :)

#18 punkie569

• 255 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 03:46 PM

I wish we could do a site visit but it's just not in the budget. We've been away enough times though to know what we wanted so it was an easy choice. So between Trip Advisor, my TA's personal pics from the resort and what I've found online I'm satisfied that we made the right choice with the El Dorado Royale. The way I see it is if it was a really horrible resort we'd know from the brides on here pretty quick.
                  Two lives, two hearts joined together in friendship united forever in love

#19 Stamperamma

• 432 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 03:49 PM

We did not do a site visit either. The internet showed us everything we wanted to see.

#20 svetayasofiya

• 590 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:23 PM

I've never even been to Mexico!! LOL So uh, no... there won't be any site visits.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users